Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Harry's All Growed Up

The days of little Harry Potter are behind him. And infront of him. Literally.

Daniel Radcliffe who plays Harry Potter (and is a heart-throb to millions of little girls world-wide) has taken a role in a London stage production of "Equus" in which he shares a nude scene with the lovely Joanna Christie. Yes, nude. Let's break this down, shall we? Nude. On stage. No special effects. Wowzers. You can read more about it here. I don't know if Hermione will ever look at him the same way after this.

update: It must be noted that it was Kylie who first let me know about this craziness. She emailed me a link to a picture and as I stared at it in horror (wondering why on earth Kylie would send me a nudie pic) she finally blurted out, "It's Harry Potter!" And thus a post was born.

9 comments:

abbott said...

this is highly disturbing.

Lowell & Julie said...

I KNOW. I SAW THIS. CRAAAAAAAAZY!!

m+K said...

I agree disturbing, I am also upset that you did not credit the giver of this photo who opened your eyes to Harry's new sexy role. Kylie

Mel T said...

that photo was a bit of a shock ... it loaded before the rest of the post, and I haven't even finished my coffee yet .... oivee!

I'm a bit torn ... he's only 17, which is problematic for me (child stars with later psychological issues anyone?), but I'm also sympathetic to the need to build a career outside Harry Potter. If he can do theatre well, he'll probably be ok, but still ....

m+K said...

Thank you for the credit! I appreciate having my love of sending nudie pics available for all to see. :) Kylie

D said...

I was going to point out that actors often need to do something drastic to shed their kiddie-image. I did not realize that he is only seventeen! Holy crap! If I were that kids' mother....

Elizabeth said...

I totally agree. Highly. disturbing. I guess the Harry Potter role wasn't growing up fast enough?

Anonymous said...

Sad. This may may provoke a whole new wave of Harry Potter book burning unfortunately.

abbott said...

shareen, you gotta put up a new post b/c I can't look at this picture of harry potter anymore.