Here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song
As we go along
Walking in a winter wonderland
In the meadow we can build a snowman
Then pretend that he is sparkling brown--oh, wait, that's not right, that's Julie's version...how does it go again? Nevermind...that's beside the point.
Yesterday night while walking from work to my bus-stop I couldn't help grinning. The streets were covered in snow, the trees were sparkling with white lights and the quaint downtown streets were hushed as the Victorian wussies were afraid to drive in the snow (of course my camera batteries were dead at this point so I couldn't take a picture of it--I tried though). The crisp, cool air and the frosted trees with the carefully hung lights made me feel happy inside.
Every year there is always a day I can remember before Christmas where I'm walking or driving and usually it's getting dark and I can see Christmas lights in the snow and all of a sudden I just feel, "It's Christmas!"
Yesterday I felt that feeling. I felt "Christmasy". Maybe it's the general feeling of joy we tend to get around that time of year and the stillness of the cool night air and the beauty of the lights reminds me...whatever the case is, Merry Christmas.
2 comments:
The snow is indeed beautiful! I like that picture of the town, it looks so 1950's style.
Mmm...I love that "Christmassy" feeling!
J :)
Post a Comment