Friday, January 12, 2007

Really?

I just heard that it's bad luck to buy baby clothes before you're pregnant. I'm not really a good luck-bad luck sort of girl, but really? Does that seem weird? Or am I the unreasonable one?

8 comments:

abbott said...

I also heard that it's bad luck to put someone else's engagement ring on your own ring finger. Does that explain why I am still single?

Mama Bear said...

I think i have heard that it IS bad luck to buy baby clothes before getting pregnant. It's like counting chickens before they're hatched, you don't wanna jinx it.
Although, you could simply look at it as just being prepared, right? Wait a minute....are you trying to tell us something? ;)

shareen said...

Yes, Shelley, I am trying to tell you that I have purchased baby clothes. I just couldn't pass them up. And that is the extent of my message.

Mama Bear said...

*gasp* I KNEW it! You probably found them on sale, didn't you? come on, admit it!
uh huh....just what i thought. you secretly want a chicken.

Elizabeth said...

Amanda bought a diaper bag before she was prego and a wedding dress before she was engaged. I always had baby clothes in my house, since they were my baby clothes and I received them as a gift when I was married. I'd say that's a load of manure!

m+K said...

Maybe that just means that you'll get pregnant sooner. ;) Are they girls clothes or boys clothes? What do they look like? Do tell. Kylie

Mama Bear said...

rumour has it that kylie has also purchased baby clothing. She puts it on Niko and tells people it's dog clothes. But the lack of a tail hole is a dead giveaway.

Jenessa Fowke said...

I don't think it is bad luck, but who cares about that...the point is that you bought baby clothes.....hmmmmmm.