This past weekend we had the rare chance to GET OFF THIS GOD-FORSAKEN ISLAND! I'm just kidding, we like it here, it's just that we rarely get a chance to get away...especially between the months of September and March as basketball is in full swing. Well, this past weekend the team travelled to Edmonton and then on to Saskatoon and it was the one road-trip Craig wasn't going on. Thus, we grabbed the opportunity and off we went.
Friday saw us hanging out with Marc and Kylie (you can read all about our harrowing escape and the fictional desctruction of my jacket--as if a plane crash wasn't big enough news they had to make that up--here), going out for dinner and playing some very intense laser tag.
Saturday we got up, enjoyed a wonderful continental breakfast at the Best Western (I love it when continental breakfasts are more than just stale muffins and coffee) and headed down to Bellingham, WA. Crossing the border was no problem (despite the blonde jokes made by the US Customs official because I had forgotten to sign my passport) and soon we were at the outlet malls and money was burning a hole in Craig's pocket. Yes, you heard that right, Craig was the big spender this weekend...he is stylin' in all his new duds though, I must say. And, he did buy me this gorgeous necklace for my birthday.
The hand? Apparently scalding hot water and flesh are not a good mix. Funny part? I burnt BOTH hands! So today at the grocery store everyone was being incredibly nice to me, picking things up for me and reaching the top shelf (when I was obviously taller than they were). I guess it was this view that made them sad...really, it looks a lot worse than it is. (Julie and Carlynne, notice the sweater? I love it.)
But back to the weekend. It was great. We stayed at a fabulous hotel in Ferndale just outside of Bellingham and the continental breakfast was the grandest breakfast I have ever seen included with a hotel stay. And the bed? Oh, the bed. It was heavenly...if it would have fit in my suitcase I would have taken it home with me.
We then came back up to Vancouver, hit up IKEA (where we purchased a dresser, a nightstand and some little pots for my to grow my herbs in) and then ventured to Metrotown Mall where, it turns out, Canadian Idol auditions were being held.
There were some crazies there...I even got hugged by one who was running around with a big pink sandwich board on that said something about, shockingly, giving away hugs. Watch for that one on TV.
Saturday we got up, enjoyed a wonderful continental breakfast at the Best Western (I love it when continental breakfasts are more than just stale muffins and coffee) and headed down to Bellingham, WA. Crossing the border was no problem (despite the blonde jokes made by the US Customs official because I had forgotten to sign my passport) and soon we were at the outlet malls and money was burning a hole in Craig's pocket. Yes, you heard that right, Craig was the big spender this weekend...he is stylin' in all his new duds though, I must say. And, he did buy me this gorgeous necklace for my birthday.
The hand? Apparently scalding hot water and flesh are not a good mix. Funny part? I burnt BOTH hands! So today at the grocery store everyone was being incredibly nice to me, picking things up for me and reaching the top shelf (when I was obviously taller than they were). I guess it was this view that made them sad...really, it looks a lot worse than it is. (Julie and Carlynne, notice the sweater? I love it.)
But back to the weekend. It was great. We stayed at a fabulous hotel in Ferndale just outside of Bellingham and the continental breakfast was the grandest breakfast I have ever seen included with a hotel stay. And the bed? Oh, the bed. It was heavenly...if it would have fit in my suitcase I would have taken it home with me.
We then came back up to Vancouver, hit up IKEA (where we purchased a dresser, a nightstand and some little pots for my to grow my herbs in) and then ventured to Metrotown Mall where, it turns out, Canadian Idol auditions were being held.
There were some crazies there...I even got hugged by one who was running around with a big pink sandwich board on that said something about, shockingly, giving away hugs. Watch for that one on TV. So that was our weekend. Wonderful but really not at all relaxing. I think I need to go take a nap after writing about it.
8 comments:
I'm disappointed in the lack of pictures of Craig in his new clothes. Shareen has good taste so I guess I'll believe her when she says you're stylin' Craig.
Glad you like the sweater Shareen:)
Carlynne, I'll try and get him to do a fashion show so I can post it...we'll see if he agrees or not. :)
*whiiiiistle* nice sweater Shar. Now let's see a picture of the whole thing on you. =)
Oh, and I'm shocked and appalled that you opened it before your birthday! Tsk tsk. You should know better!
Glad you had a fun weekend :)
fuuuuuunnnnn!!
~ELizabeth
You guys should have auditioned for Canadian Idol..just for fun. :) Glad you had a good time on your trip!
You'll have to watch out for my sister on tv. She wore a crazy costume to the audition and sang Phantom of the Opera - both parts!
Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday (late, but I just read your sister's blog). I hope that your day was terrific!
Post a Comment