Yesterday was an incredible day. Not because I came into millions of dollars or anything like that, but God proved his faithfulness to me. Really, He didn't just nudge me with it--He threw it in my face. I love it.
Since I'm done my degree now and just working this semester while getting the wedding together I've been thinking lately about that whole deal..."working". I knew the Keg was not going to cut it...and even if it was, I've spent enough time there over the past two years that I don't want to spend enough time there over the next five months for it to "cut it". So I knew I needed another job. A lady that I had done an applied study with last semester had recommended me to a professor in the Education department as a research assistant and so I have that. However, it's only 10 hours a week so I was thinking about getting something else as well. I couldn't think about what I would be able to find that would be flexible enough to work around the Keg and my RA work with Dawn as well as my trip to see Craig in February.
This past summer I worked at the mall--at Bryan's.
It wasn't the most stimulating job, but it was easy, and I got a good discount on the clothes. I knew I could always go back there if I wanted to. But the question was: did I really want to? So I decided to bite the bullet and do it; I wouldn't have to be trained, it's easy work, and I already know the people. So the district manager, Val (imagine "Jaws" music going on every time you hear her name), calls me to chat. She's short, abrupt, in fact quite rude. I started to wonder whether or not I needed another job. Was I just being greedy?
So yesterday I had a day off from the Keg. I got up, walked my dog, had breakfast, went to the gym, played on the computer, got ready, went to the bank, had coffee with a friend and then went to the University for a meeting with Dawn. I was praying as I was driving there about Bryan's and by the time I had arrived I had decided--not doing it.
Then as I walked towards Dawn's office with a smile of relief on my face I almost ran head-on into one of my professors. She said, "Shareen! What a funny coincidence! I just emailed you to see if you wanted to do some research assistant work for me this semester."
Not only is it work for a professor that I enjoyed taking classes from, but it's work IN MY FIELD. God is good, and He has good aim...right smack in the face I tell you.
3 comments:
That's awesome, Shareen!
I have recently been reminded of God's timing and his perfect plans, too. No one can nail it on the head better than God.
yay for you shareen!!! yay! congradulations!! so, does this mean you will have 2 RA jobs this semester and are you really quitting at the Keg? Will the RA jobs give you great flexibility, meaning you will surely be able to come visit me? Eh, eh?
It sometimes is amazing how God can just answer a prayer in the most obvious of ways!! Good for you Shareen!
Post a Comment