Friday, December 01, 2006

Flannel Heaven

We had it good growing up. Not only did we have a wonderful home with great parents, a Mum who was a fabulous cook, and fun siblings to play with, but we were spoiled by parents who thought it crucial to make sure we had flannel sheets in the winter.
Because of this I will never be the same.
Last weekend, when visiting in Chilliwack I was even given flannel sheets on my guest bed and I knew I couldn't hold out any longer. It turns out I held out just long enough because when I walked into the Bay (gift card in hand thanks to wedding presents--thank you everyone!!) and found the flannel sheet sets I saw that they were 40% off! After the torture of waiting for them to wash and dry I made the bed and snuggled up with my book. It took even less time than normal for me to drop off to sleep.
Flannel...who knew it took so little to make me happy? Speaking of which, I know it's only 9:30, but I'm going to go crawl into my cozy bed and see how long it takes me to fall asleep.


disclaimer: this is NOT our room--I wish--merely a picture of a bedroom I found on the IKEA website...

8 comments:

m+K said...

Shareen you cheesehead, Marc and I were going to get you fancy flannel sheets for the second part of your wedding present. (Just a little late I know.) You should not be allowed to buy things around Christmas time. (Even though it is a wedding present.) Also, you left your book here and silly us did not move it from the under coffee table (I don't know what to call it and this really doesn't make sense) and so we didn't bring it to Nanaimo. Do you want me to mail it? Oh and great pictures below! I should have just sent you an e-mail. K

~Nanc. said...

I didn't think those looked like Flannel sheets in the picture!

And why on earth did you snuggle up to a book... don't you have a husband now who shares those flannel sheets with you? ;)

shareen said...

sadly, Craig is gone on a road trip, so he can cuddle up with the team and I can use the book...and the whole bed.

abbott said...

I was thinking your room looks pretty nice compared to the last time I saw it, but alas, just IKEA.

And trust me, if I could come out again, i would. But it's your turn to come here so we can watch the finale together. We will definitely have to hook up when you do make it out here :-)

Elizabeth said...

I recognise the IKEA-ness.... Yes, we've had flannel onour bed sind the day we were married, pretty much...

Joanna said...

sounds fantastic - sleep and sleep in a cozy flannel-covered bed is the best thing in the world, or at least in the runnings.
i heard a rumor of you not coming home at christmas - is this true???? tell me it's not - i really really want to hang out with you!!

Mama Bear said...

ya know, i was contemplating purchasing some flannel sheets for myself. You have convinced me. I will buy them :)

Chryslyn said...

thanks for the disclaimer i was in awe!!! WEll i have been considering flannel... i just don't know. Sometimes I wake up really hot! But other times I go to bed really really cold. Anyway this is so random. I found your comment on Jenessa's blog absolutley hillarious about the spelling of harness. I don't know but i like the harnass spelling better.