Saturday, December 09, 2006

Love Actually

Recovery has been, well, happening. I feel better, but the surgeon warned me I would fatigue easily and I wouldn't feel back to normal for eight weeks or more.
Yesterday I took the opportunity to work on our wedding scrapbook and watch movies. I rented "Finding Neverland" and "Love Actually". The first one was good, but I already knew I loved "Love Actually". Why do I not own it? I'm not sure...especially considering I watched it twice yesterday and started it again today before work.
I love happy movies, there are a few movies like this one that I could watch over and over (and do, to be honest). Some of you have been subject--or partner to--the frequent watchings of "You've Got Mail", "Notting Hill" or "Amelie". I'm sure there are others, but this one is sticking with me right now.

8 comments:

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

hi, i've read your blog b/f (through marc&kylie) and now I feel i want to express that we share a lot of the same likes, as far as tv and now movies. i just re-watched love actually too. i love watching it over&over, but i don't always have the time. what is it about romantic comedies? or atleast these ones, b/c i don't love them all, just certain ones. but i do admit (and don't know why i haven't yet) i still have Amelie to watch.
oh, aren't you so glad Melrose didn't win ANTM? i don't know who i was hoping for, as long as it wasn't her. haha.
thanks for listening and glad to hear you're feeling well, it should only get better from here.

Lowell & Julie said...

You've Got Mail DEFINITELY takes the cake!

Mama Bear said...

I LOVE that movie! "Love Actually" fits into my top favourite movie list.

Stephen and Amber said...

Love the movie as well and I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Amelie has rocked my world on multiple occasions too. I love that movie!

Anonymous said...

I got to say - i love my share of romantic comedies (maybe "She's the Man" excluded ;), and as much as i liked most of "love actually", i found it really left me with a gross feeling due to the issues of cheating and deception and love triangles and such. i really think i'm a little hypersensitive to infidelity in movies...

Anonymous said...

However I'm willing to give it another shot some evening with you and some chips and chocolate. and you know I'll always watch Amelie again!

abbott said...

hey, Next Top Model: British Invasion is now on on wednesday nights - are you checking it out?