ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
I am speaking, now, painfully, about my appendix. Or shall I say my now lack of an appendix.
It was good to have Mum and Dad here for a little bit. For me to joke that I had appendicitis and Dad to tell me to get my butt to the hospital when the pain didn't subside after numerous hours of complaints.
It was an interesting time, waiting in Emergency, being palpated by seemingly hundreds of people at random hours of the day, meeting my interesting new room-mates "Crazy Daisy" and "Phlegmy Fred". Sleep was only to be had when morphine was around. Oh, the goodness.
But it is no longer. I am home, my appendix is gone, but the pain is not...yet. It's a different kind of pain, more stiffness and bloating than the previous stabbing.
Craig is a wonderful caretaker. He has gotten me endless hot water bottles, handed me my drink when I couldn't reach it, bought me special "soft foods" so I wouldn't have to do the starvation diet anymore and even helped me turn over in bed last night.
So, for those of you who have called or emailed, I'm sorry I haven't responded. I am not doing so well with sustaining energy...and I have to conserve some to watch the finale of America's Next Top Model tonight.
I am speaking, now, painfully, about my appendix. Or shall I say my now lack of an appendix.
It was good to have Mum and Dad here for a little bit. For me to joke that I had appendicitis and Dad to tell me to get my butt to the hospital when the pain didn't subside after numerous hours of complaints.
It was an interesting time, waiting in Emergency, being palpated by seemingly hundreds of people at random hours of the day, meeting my interesting new room-mates "Crazy Daisy" and "Phlegmy Fred". Sleep was only to be had when morphine was around. Oh, the goodness.
But it is no longer. I am home, my appendix is gone, but the pain is not...yet. It's a different kind of pain, more stiffness and bloating than the previous stabbing.
Craig is a wonderful caretaker. He has gotten me endless hot water bottles, handed me my drink when I couldn't reach it, bought me special "soft foods" so I wouldn't have to do the starvation diet anymore and even helped me turn over in bed last night.
So, for those of you who have called or emailed, I'm sorry I haven't responded. I am not doing so well with sustaining energy...and I have to conserve some to watch the finale of America's Next Top Model tonight.
14 comments:
stupid appendix! I'm saddened to hear your appendix turned against you. Here's to a speedy recovery~
I hope you feel better soon! I am also very excited about the finale.. in half an hour!! I hope Caridee wins.
Hope you feel better soon... wasn't the finale great! Enjoy the pampering.. I'm glad to hear Craig is taking care of you.
I am glad to hear you are home and healthy, and well enough to update the colours on your blog ;-) I bought your christmas present today, and as of tomorrow (thursday) it will be in the mail, if all goes according to plan.....mwah ha ha.
Glad you're starting to feel better. I'm also glad you added Shelley to your blog list because now you can finally have a friend with a name not in the first half of the alphabet. Marc and I were wondering if you were discriminating against friends with names starting with the second half of the alphabet. Kylie
Yuck! I hope that your road to recovery has a high speed limit! Heal quickly!
ps that was supposed to be funny... but laughing might hurt.. sorry. Heal fast!
oh shareenie dear!! you poor girl - did you at least get yummy hospital food...? I hope you feel better soon!
p.s. i'll still be your friend even though you don't have an appendix, because it's what's on the inside...oh wait. nevermind.
p.s.s. (or is it p.p.s.?) i like the new profile photo - super good!
We're glad you're feeling better hun bun. Just don't let it happen again (or anything like it)!
Love J&L and C&D :)
Not fun! i had my gall bladder removed a while back, and the recovery was pretty awful. i guess they pump your stomach full of air :( not nice! Hope you feel better soon! oh, have u seen ANTM yet? i was happy with who won! well i was really going for Eugena, but whatever, the runway show was kinda weird i thought! i mean who acts like that?! i was embarrased for them! take care
Oh, man! Glad you're OK, and hope you liked the finale :)
Gah! Emergency surgery is never fun. Glad you're recovering and have a happy hubby to pamper you. Get well soon.
Aww Beaner! I hope you feel better soon. Aren't you glad it was Caridee? Was the coughing as bad as "The Hacker"?
Miss you.
Post a Comment