Sunday, November 12, 2006

Toastie Tootsies

As many people will attest to, my family is a slipper loving family. Maybe we have cold houses, I don't know--I know for sure that without them I have very cold feet, as I like to put them on Craig's stomach to warm them up--but I love slippers.
Prior to moving out here I got rid of all of my slippers. Why, you ask? Because...they made my feet stink. Not just a slightly stale odour, but stink with all the rankness you can imagine. I remember the first time we discovered it: Craig and I were watching television, on opposite ends of the couch, and I had my feet up in his lap. This persistent sniffing kept coming from his end.
"Are you getting sick, honey?"
"No, something smells funny."
"I don't smell anything."
"I can't figure out where it's coming from... It might be your feet...[sniff, gag] it's definitely your feet."
No matter how many times I washed my slippers the festering smell returned. I think it might have been because I put them on my bare feet after my shower...
However, I have yearned for cozy feet once again, and promise not to wear the slippers without socks, or with wet feet. And who could pass up slippers as cute as these?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cozy!

Elizabeth said...

Those look fantastic. I'm a slipper girl, too!

~Nanc. said...

Well the yoga must be paying off! I'm more impressed with your bendability than the slippers!