Sunday, November 05, 2006

she's PUBLISHED!


I have a friend who is a published author. Yes, the books are about curling and skunks, but she wrote them. It's a line of educational books for kids that she writes for, and I am so impressed. They--unfairly, might I add--do not make her name cover the entire front cover as they should, she merely gets a small nod on the front page. I acknowledge your work, Annalise, and I applaud you for it. You receive my version of whatever hoity-toity literary prize you would like. I'll even make you a certificate.

UPDATE: I just googled your name, Annalise, and there you go--all kinds of recognition! I can even find you at chapters.ca, amazon and barnes&noble! You're no small-time thing.

6 comments:

Chryslyn said...

Wooh! Annalise (do I know this annalise?)
Well my hat goes off to her anyway :)
How are ya doing Shareen? I love ya babe and have a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

Annalise that i know? Cool!!
I miss you to Shareen! Some days i would give alot to be in a van on the road to Hanna or something will all the girls!! Life was fun and simple! A good memory i guess.

~Nanc. said...

Yeah when making certificates it's usually a good idea to include last names!! We're all wondering if this is the Annalise Bekering that we all know and love?!?

And if so... wasn't Mrs. Bekkering a huge curler? And the skunks???

Joanna said...

random comment: shareen - thank you for your recipe links! you may have saved me. I forget that there is this thing called the internet that i can use for information and was wondering how on earth i would ever find enough recipes for things i could make with only 1 portable burner at my disposal. yesterday was a lovely chicken curry!

Anonymous said...

slow news day, huh?;)

My mom's proud of me too

Anonymous said...

by the way, I printed off your awesome certificate and I hung it up in my computer room.