My trip to Victoria was wonderful. I loved it. Not only was it wonderful to see Craig (and believe me, it really really was), but it was so great to get out of Lethbridge for a while. Even though I brought some work with me, the setting was different, the people were different, it was just different.
I've been struggling lately to take a positive view of some aspects of my life here in Lethbridge. I love it here, it will always be home, yet part of me can't wait to leave. I think a lot of it has to do with The Keg. Is it the place or is it serving in general?
Tonight was a particularly difficult night at work. A customer actually looked me in the face and called me "stupid" and "incompetent". She then proceeded to lie to my boss about what I had/hadn't done. And although my manager generally sides with us, she can't exactly tell a customer she's full of crap.
I don't know how to not dwell on these incidents--as few as they may happen to be--when I get home. I lie in bed and my mind drifts back to the nights events. Try as I might I can't force my thoughts to a happier topic.
It's not just tonight that bothers me...although I know it will.
I want to love my job and I want to serve the people I encounter with all my heart. Please pray for me...I feel wrecked.
3 comments:
oh shareenie, I'm sorry the Keg treats you like crap. Maybe you should quit, since it is not doing great things for you. And you are a fantastic woman, who is smart and completely competant and brave and full of God. And customers and the Keg know nothing about you so their opinions should count for nothing! If you ever need to get away, but can't go all the way to Victoria, you are always welcome at my place :-) I hope you start to feel unwrecked soon - I'll keep you in my prayers. I love you, you awesome chicka!!
Some people! I'm so glad to be out of any industry that has to do with customer service. (Knock on wood). Feel better.
I'm sorry that people are so rude. Good job on not making a scene though. I think it takes a certain amount of patience to waitress & I just don't have it. So congrats on being a great waitress!
Post a Comment