I have a problem...
I pick my nose.
Sometimes I don't realize I'm doing it. I have resolved to stop and so when I was on the plane from Victoria to Calgary and I caught myself knuckle-deep I whipped my hand into what I can only assume was a very smooth cover-move in case anyone may have been observing.
My finger of choice is the pinky...I am a "pinky-picker". Not only is it the smallest and therefore perfect for my very ladylike nostrils but it performs the most wonderful little hooking-motion. Something my other fingers seem too clumsy to pull off such a delicate action with such precision. But technique is not the point--I believe I have this little idea in the back of my mind that the pinky makes it almost invisible. Let other people pick their noses with those obvious fingers, but I'll pull it off without anyone knowing. I am sure this is not the case.
It was only after looking around on the plane that I realized no one was looking about me. ("No one is thinking about you; they're thinking about themselves, just like you.") I began the fun game of people watching.
I hid behind my book and observed my neighbors. It didn't take me long to see the gentleman across the aisle from me unabashadly shove his pointer finger into his nostril and dig with an amazing tenacity.
He is my new inspiration--hopefully this will make me stop:

9 comments:
I too am a nose picker. But, let's face it. Who isn't?
That picture of thet guy is funny.
that poor man has no idea you have this pic of him, hopefully you don't in the end run into him or meet him through people. wasn't this a flight into lethbridge? or was it calgary? then you should be safe. haha. i hope no one has taken a pic like that of me doing something disgusting.
You cruel, cruel photo-taker! I sure hope no one has a picture of me picking mine.
That's funny...wonder if he knew you took it :)
Its gross to see other people pick their nose but I too, am a nose picker. I've been using my pinky most recently too. It's small, hooklike - like you said. But it also usually has a bit of a fingernail on it which is great for grabbin'. Keep up the good work Shareen.
The true question is that does the pick turn into a chew?
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the satisfaction derived from a good friction based thumb pick. Not an option for those hard to reach atrial nuggets but definitely a rewarding method for the removal of the lower vestibular crusties.
Also, in parallel with Shareen's original admission, I seem to have convinced myself that the quick thumb pick (with the index providing counterpressure from the outside) is socially acceptable during casual conversation. My wife disagrees. Amber, even I realize that the subsequent chew is not socially acceptable. However many of my behaviours are not socially acceptable, so why censor myself now?
marc
ha!
Sweet catch! I wonder if he will happen to fall across this....
hehehe thanks for the chuckle
You are the first to comment on our blog! We didn't tell anyone that we had a blog on purpouse because we wanted to see who would be the first to find it - you win! I'm glad someone found it because I said to Marc last night that if someone doesn't find it soon we are going to look silly when we tell people and have like 30 posts. Kylie (I also posted this on ours!)
Post a Comment