Wednesday, October 25, 2006

it's someone else, really

The other day (I'm not sure exactly when) I had the TV tuned to Ellen. During a commercial break I ambled into the computer room and I heard the show come back on. Still, I did not race back into the living room UNTIL I head Ellen say, "I received and email from Shareen from British Columbia, Canada..."
"What? You did not you big liar! I think I would know if I had written you an email! Is someone playing a joke on me?"
Well, "Shareen" was complaining about the price of Ellen's underwear. Now, anyone who knows me knows I can be frugal, but to the point of emailing Ellen to get her to put her underwear on sale? I think not. I don't know what I'd do with Ellen underwear anyways.Apparently a few girls from work called the store as soon as they say it on the show frantic to know if I was there and if it was me...when I wasn't there and Ryan wanted to know what was up they just said, "well, I was watching Ellen..."
Believe me, everyone, it wasn't me. Although I do like hearing my name on television.

5 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Ellen has a line of underwear? If she DID drop the prices, I'd be all over that one!

PS- would it be weird to wear underwear with someone else's name on it?

Lowell & Julie said...

PPS- whether it would be weird or not, I'd be proud to have Ellen's name on my butt.

shareen said...

Ellen's name is actually across the elastic waistband (look at the picture, Julie, jeepers!), and they're boxer-briefs...apparently because this woman wrote in and Ellen put them on sale they lost $25,000 on the product (when I saw on the show they were putting them on sale I just had to check and they were already sold out). Crazy.

Joanna said...

Shareen shareen - don't be ashamed of your frugality, it's a virtue. However, I do find it a little shocking in this situation - I mean, c'mon, look at those beauties - when an item is that hot no price is too high.

Elizabeth said...

That might have been sweet if it was you...... hehe. Ellen undies, hey? never though of it....