We draw names in our family and the person whose name we get we not only have to get a larger gift for, we also have to compose a poem to go with the gift. I'm not sure how it started, but when someone grabs the gift that happens to be from their partner, their partner pulls out the poem and yells, "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding". Perhaps it's to create an even greater sense of occasion. Marc, however, is by far the best when it comes to the poem writing. One year he wrote a poem for me that sounded as if it had been written by Dr. Seuss...where the rest of us all go wrong or where he got the talent I'm not really sure. This year, even though Craig wasn't in the draw, I took it upon myself to write a poem for him. It was horrible. I called it, "Welcome to Christmas...and the Worst Poem Ever". Trust me, it was aptly named.
No comments:
Post a Comment