Holidays never last long enough. The time passes much too quickly.
We're a sunburnt and our luggage weighed almost twice as much on the return flight.
Craig's parents go down to Arizona at the end of October and return to Alberta mid-April. Their community is so wonderful and welcoming. It is lush with palm trees on the main streets and each lot having its own citrus trees. There are two golf courses, many tennis courts, and various centers with pools, dance studios, card rooms, and areas for all sorts of clubs and classes. But regardless of all the wonderful things, what brings Jim & Yvonne back year after year is the people--they are a family.

We spent a lot of time shopping. Craig golfed. I hung out at the pool. We hung out with Jim & Yvonne's friends at dinners and breakfasts and happy hours. A lot of laughing was involved.

Craig and I in the hot tub.
The beautiful pool I frequented.
I made my first ever (physical) trip to Sephora...we spent almost two hours in the store!
The beautiful pool I frequented.
I made my first ever (physical) trip to Sephora...we spent almost two hours in the store!
We went to an incredible restaurant for dinner one night called Organ Stop Pizza. Such a different type of restaurant and wonderful experience.

Thursday night we went to the Arizona Opry - the performance was amazing...one man could play 52 intruments! We all had our favorites of the performers, they were wonderful. The roast beef dinner that proceeded the show was also great, apparently they've served over 2 million meals.
We went to a massive flea market where, no, I did not buy a sombrero - I just tried one on for a picture (and had to be informed I had it on backwards before the picture was taken).
Craig and I driving around at night on the golf cart.
Jim & Yvonne hosted a happy hour. Happy hours are good times...drinking at 4pm? Why not?
Craig and I on our last night with a baby palm tree. Can you see our sunburns? And they've even faded by this time...
Craig PRETENDING to pee in the fountain...realistic looking, no?
I didn't want to leave. I like palm trees and sunshine. 
10 comments:
great pictures! I wouldn't want to leave either. usually I go to sephora without ryan, but it is good when he is there to limit my spending, hehe. vacations are short, but much needed and a necessary break.
FUN! I love fun in the sun vacations.
Could you convince anyone to do a synchronized swimming routine with you in that fabulesso pool? I'm guessing no, otherwise I would expect to see pictures. Proof. I need proof baby.
=)
aw, i'm so jealous!
Next time you go, put me in your suitcase, k? I'm small. I'm sure i could fit ;)
That looks Beeeeeautiful!
Looks like you had fun!! I can't wait until I get to go on a family vacation too - I'm meeting my family in South Carlolina at the end of the month! I can't wait to see them. I'm glad you had a good time with your in-laws:)
I've never been to Sephora - I have to check out what they sell. If it's anything to do with makeup - I'm totally out of the loop (as I'm a minimalist:)
Looks like an awesome trip, I'm so glad you had a great time!! And yay for happy hours with in-laws and their friends - whoo-hoo!!
That sure looks like a fun trip you two had! It sounds like a great place Jim and Yvonne have become a part of. We are looking forward to visiting them there next year. Meanwhile we will just enjoy your happy stories and big smiles. Mum and Dad :)
Shareen, you're so cute and fun. Looks like a blast!
Happy Easter Shareen!!
Wow...what a great trip! It looks beautiful there! I love palm trees and sunshine too. :)
Post a Comment