Last night, as a work function, we went to Earth & Fire Pottery and had a lesson. We worked on the wheel for two hours and I was amazed at how much I loved it. We all had a lot of fun getting messy and digging our hands into the clay. Previously I had been interested in attending a pottery class, but this small taste has me hooked. There's an opening in the Wednesday night class starting in a few weeks, but I think that may be a bit too soon--in terms of finding the funds for the class. :) But I'm eagerly anticipating when I do get to go back...not only to pick up my finished pieces from last night (a wonky bowl, a strange short and stumpy tumbler and one majestic mug) but to learn and create more. 



6 comments:
I freaing love throwing on the wheel. I, too, wish I had the funds to finance that kind of a hobby...
look at you lovely oqoqoites. How jealous I am. I would love to try out the pottery wheel. I have a feeling I would really enjoy it. I think I could throw down pretty good :)
that looks like so much fun! I have no idea how to use a pottery wheel, but would love to try.
I love it! One question- did you try the scene from Ghost??? lol
Looks fun! I look forward to seeing your final products (particularly the wonky bowl)!
Someday I definitely want to try that out. I'm looking forward to the pictures too! :)
Post a Comment