That's right...I don't need a long weekend to have a monday off (man, do I ever miss Alberta on days like today) - I just need to not be scheduled at the coffee shop. It's reading week so shifts have been cut down and I don't work today. A welcome break.
First, a product review:
So far I've had a very productive morning. I made Craig's lunch, went for a run, watched Ellen, started some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and finally took a shower. Some girls were in the store a few weeks ago and we got to talking about curly hair. They recommended a product to me so I decided to give it a shot. I invested the $9.99 at Shoppers (yet another bonus, according to them) and today I tried it with fabulous results. It's a SAMY product and is called "get curls" (it's in a yellow tube for anyone who's interested). I put it in my hair after my shower and then diffused it - here are pictures of the results:


curls are well defined, bouncy and not crunchy. Now I just need to find a way to get better body at the roots.
and this is how I've spent the rest of my morning:
Craig and I went for a walk yesterday - he likes to make faces for the camera.
This is us driving on a beautiful Victoria day...again with the faces!
If you want to make your own M&M portraits you can visit this site.
So far I've had a very productive morning. I made Craig's lunch, went for a run, watched Ellen, started some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and finally took a shower. Some girls were in the store a few weeks ago and we got to talking about curly hair. They recommended a product to me so I decided to give it a shot. I invested the $9.99 at Shoppers (yet another bonus, according to them) and today I tried it with fabulous results. It's a SAMY product and is called "get curls" (it's in a yellow tube for anyone who's interested). I put it in my hair after my shower and then diffused it - here are pictures of the results:


curls are well defined, bouncy and not crunchy. Now I just need to find a way to get better body at the roots.
and this is how I've spent the rest of my morning:
Craig and I went for a walk yesterday - he likes to make faces for the camera.
This is us driving on a beautiful Victoria day...again with the faces!If you want to make your own M&M portraits you can visit this site.
5 comments:
hahaha! You guys look great. The coast really works for ya'll. Nice hair too Shareen. Does that work for people with extremely straight hair?
looks fabo. Makes me jealous of your curly hair. We need to chat. Have you heard whether you are a yes or a no? I know that may be old news, but you never told me!
Hmm..maybe I'll try that product! Looks great!
Hey Shareen! The Current podcasts go up on Thursdays (I think) and they do a "best of". I suspect this week might get the Jane Doe interview from today that was right after the child prostitute one. I'm not sure. What I posted was the nutshell anyways, and I haven't seen much else on it. Not even news reports about the bust in Winnipeg that sparked the whole thing! :S
Try blow-drying your hair upside down, then spray the roots with hairspray at the crown and hairline before you flip it over. It works for me, then again, my hair is 10% as thick as yours is.
:)
Post a Comment