In some sort of perfect coincidence, my friends from University were getting together. All of them. Even our professors were invited. No "I have to work" excuse this time...I could go!


I realized in that short evening that I miss school. I miss the friends I made who had similar goals. I miss the people I could debate anything with for hours on end...from sexuality and gender discrimination at post-secondary institutions to globalization and multi-national corporations to where to get the best spinach dip. I miss learning.
I am excited to begin my new educational adventure soon. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking too much about where Craig will get a job which will determine which schools I can go to and how will that affect me? I need to take a step back and remember that I love sociology. I love talking about it, reading it, and learning everything to do with sociology. I am so blessed to be able to study and even more so to study something I love.
7 comments:
Hey,
What are your plans for future schooling? I remember you telling us about studying femal prisoners and the affects ( or effects) abortions may have played in their lives. If this still a possibilitiy?
I can relate to that with my education in Biology and then in Education.
It's great that you can enjoy it! It makes it soooooo much easier.
judging from the lack of blogging, I take it you haven't calmed down yet from the worst roadtrip ever?
wow that must have been some trip. I can't wait to hear about it and potentially mock it and/or people on it with you.
Shareen, I got your wedding invitation today! Did you sew all of them together yourself? Where have you been? Are you lost in blogland? (Apparently not or then there would be a new blog. :)
Kylie
PS I hate it when I put something in brackets and then I want to put a happy face but I cannot complete the brackets due to the happy face.
i experience that same frustration kylie. I feel you pain. It makes the happy face look like s/he has a double chin. Not good :))
Nicole, I like the double chin description, it matches the smiley face very well. In fact I am going to use it now. :))
Kylie
PS The double chin smiley man is what I look like in many pictures.
Post a Comment