Tuesday, October 05, 2010

iGiggle

Craig and I have jumped on the iPhone bandwagon. We spend our evenings "hanging out" together on the couch while each busily clicking and flicking on our screens.

Occasionally you'll hear, "hey! this is really cool! wanna see?" Which will either be responded to by "Oh, I already knew that." or "show me that again!"
also included with photo: shameless plug for the Camosun Chargers

On another note (but one that is related, I promise), my darling sister Carlynne lives in Ottawa. As a part of the phone plan we signed up for instead of just 5 numbers we can have unlimited texting/calling to we got 10. Carlynne is one of mine (make sense so far?).

However, I emailed her yesterday to double-check that I had the right phone number and I was glad I did as the one she sent back was slightly different. She had also notified me that she was just heading to the hairdresser and we would chat later, oh and could I send her my cell number as she thought she maybe only had my home phone.

I obliged by sending her a text and this is the conversation that ensued (green is me, blue is the number I had for Carlynne):


This is my cell phone. It's a good thing you gave me yours because I had it wrong. :) How's the haircut? I'll try and take a picture of mine at lunch.

Who is this?

Shareen you doofus

Alright, don't think I've ever met you. My name is dan.

(Now this is where things get confusing as Carlynne's husband's name is Dan.)


Hey Dan! Carlynne must have given me your number instead of hers. Are you working today?

I am but I still don't know you

How many Shareens can you know?

none which is my point.

Haha

???

This is a weird conversation.

not nearly as weird as it is for me seriously I dont know you

Haha...you almost had me there

what would it take to convince you?

I don't know...this is the type of joke Dan would pull.

wow, I'm stuck

seriously? You're not joking? You're not Carlynne's husband?

I'm 19.

Alright then. Sorry to have bothered you.

So there you have it. There is a number out there just ONE digit off my sister's and the owner has the same name as her husband. You could text him. He seems like a pretty patient guy.

9 comments:

Danica said...

Oh, I WANT one of those.

Sneep Family said...

LOVE IT!

Janice said...

thats awesome!!

Lowell & Julie said...

HAHA- that is soooo funny! I'm impressed that he carried on that conversation with you as long as he did!
Did you and Craig BOTH get iphones? LUCKY!!

Q&Z said...

Hahahaha! That made my day.
-Z

Bloggy Mama said...

Totally iGiggle.
What's your number? Want mine ;)

Mama Bear said...

That's way too funny!! Love it!

m+K said...

This is hilarious. hee hee!!!
Kylie

Anonymous said...

SO funny!! That is one brilliant string of texting! (see, I do check your blog AT LEAST every 6 months ;-) xo Joanna