On February 2, 2004, Craig proposed. That's where our connection to February 2 ends. Here are some things I've learned in those seven years:
- Craig is a big "texture eater". He doesn't like anything with the texture of baby food (as he describes it. For example: blended soups, yogurt, pudding, etc. Although apple sauce is an exception.
- I enjoy being a coach's wife. Sometimes, close to the end of the season, I don't enjoy the road trips so much, but being someone who enjoys their alone time it's a perfect situation for me to take classes, hang out with friends and do things for myself. Plus, I really enjoy getting to know the players. I get a little Mom-ish on them...and emotional when I hear Craig had to crack down in practice. It's a bit comical, really.
- Craig is very neat and I am very clean. Translation: Craig is bothered by untidiness and likes things in order whereas I can function just fine with a bit (shut up those of you who have seen my room, I swear I'm getting better) of mess around me...but when I clean up, I CLEAN UP. I get out the cleaners and nothing will be left behind. I clean the bathrooms twice a week...I don't want to think about how often Craig (didn't) clean the bathroom before we lived together.
- I am a heater when I sleep. Seriously. I can be freezing when we go to bed but after a few minutes of snuggling down it's off with the blankets because I am dying. In the same sleeping vein, I am a pre-sleep cuddler, but when it's time to get to sleep, hands off - and most definitely do not touch my feet.
- Craig and I watch a lot of TV. I get sucked into the most ridiculous shows ("Hoarders"? It's on my PVR. "The Bachelor"? I totally wasn't watching it AT ALL until my neighbor needed me to tape it for her and then she came over and I sat down and watched it with her...and that's all it took. Damn. And hello, "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" you totally trump "What Not to Wear"...Clinton and Stacey have been kicked to the curb!). But the PVR has been so lovely for us. Craig can tape his basketball games, during baseball we record the Jays, we record our other shows ("Lie to Me" where did you goooooo?) and watch them together or separately, as our tastes allow.
- I love my house. It's not what I want it to be yet, but I love it. I'm sure great neighbours really help in the matter too, though.
- It's a good thing I love basketball, or our life would be tough. Craig has definitely taught me so much since we've gotten married, and I am constantly amazed at the way he sees the floor. We'll be watching a game on TV and he'll say something like, "we run that pattern". What pattern? I just see a guy with a ball. The way he sees the whole floor and all the movement is truly amazing to me.
- I am not a nice fan - unless I'm cheering for you...then I'm a great fan. Also, you don't want to screw up as a ref when I'm in the stands - especially if I know your name. Take note.
- Craig is great with kids. He has a special bond with our neighbour's little boy, Ryder. Ryder will sit with Craig forever.
- Craig only does his special voice for me.
- Don't leave a bag of chocolate covered almonds around Craig and I...they won't last long
4 comments:
So funny. This very morning I got tired of manually checking your blog for updates and finally got a Google reader account - and you were magically the first update I got! Yay!
Also funny, Matthew proposed to me on the anniversary of our getting together too.
It was interesting to read about your little couple quirks. Have a happy love month!
Cute quirks. I love it. Thanks for letting me get to know you a little better. I'd love to watch some ball with you, someday ;)
Happy "Anniversary" Shareen and Craig! I can attest to your mean bathroom skills after this weekend!
Fun fun!
You and Craig have been together for exactly 12 days longer than Lowell and me. I guess February truly is the month of looooooove :)
Post a Comment