It all started when I missed the bus.
I called Craig to let him know I would be later as the next bus didn't come for 4o minutes. He, the ever doting husband, asked, "is there anything I can do to get dinner started?"
"There's defrosted hamburger in the fridge. Sautee some onions with some garlic, then brown the meat. If I'm still not home when you're done that, add a can of drained kidney beans, a can of brown beans--including the tomato sauce, and a can of tomato soup." (side note: excellent basic chili recipe, thanks Angella/Karen!) Incredibly, these instructions were not lost on him (well, he did forget the garlic but I think he did well), I got home to near-chili (as it had not been spiced) bubbling away on the stove top.
Last time we made chili we had biscuits with it, but this time I decided to honour a long-standing family tradition (which I'm sure is not unique to my family) and serve it with cornbread. I asked Craig to help me measure out the dry ingredients. I then found out that Craig is not as exact as I am at measuring (I believe my exact words were, "you're a crappy measur-er!!") and this extreme tact escalated into a minor flour incident as evidenced below.
Julie, we're married, it's okay. :)
"There's defrosted hamburger in the fridge. Sautee some onions with some garlic, then brown the meat. If I'm still not home when you're done that, add a can of drained kidney beans, a can of brown beans--including the tomato sauce, and a can of tomato soup." (side note: excellent basic chili recipe, thanks Angella/Karen!) Incredibly, these instructions were not lost on him (well, he did forget the garlic but I think he did well), I got home to near-chili (as it had not been spiced) bubbling away on the stove top.
Last time we made chili we had biscuits with it, but this time I decided to honour a long-standing family tradition (which I'm sure is not unique to my family) and serve it with cornbread. I asked Craig to help me measure out the dry ingredients. I then found out that Craig is not as exact as I am at measuring (I believe my exact words were, "you're a crappy measur-er!!") and this extreme tact escalated into a minor flour incident as evidenced below.
Julie, we're married, it's okay. :)
7 comments:
I like your little disclaimer for our dear Julie:)
i was just about to say something about the disclaimer, too. But avery beat me to it :)
Hee hee. I'm glad you like the basic chili recipe I posted :)
EW! I said that to myself before I even saw your disclaimer, and I think it's a valid comment. Ew.
oh, Julie, you just made the disclaimer totally worth it. The tears that are welling in my eyes from laughing are also telling me that the disclaimer was worth it. you are worth it. you make me laugh.
hey, I went to redeem my empties and got the eyeshadow cranberry. I had written down all your suggestions (thanks by the way) but forgot them at home and when I got to the mac counter and finished fighting my way to the eyeshadow rack, i forgot the names of everything you suggested. So the lovely lady rubbed some colours on my hand and I decided I like cranberry the best. I LOVE that you can get an eyeshadow instead of a lipstick at the pro store. AND they were all loving me because I had rinsed out my foundation bottles for them. That was nice, I thought.
shareeny-beeny, it was such a great suprise to hear from you on my tiny little blog. i'm afraid i'm not too technically savy (ie - the default blog layout i have on my site), but i am happy and amused to know that i am not the only one. and what a wonderful sight to greet me as i came, for the first time, to check out your blog. craig's crotch. lovely. i'll have to check up on you two more often ;)
CALL ME...let's hang out!
well...email me first and then i'll disclose my number - better not to all of cyberspace.
stiede@ualberta.ca
much love, sarah xx
Post a Comment