Friday, May 19, 2006

me read good

I love to read. I lose sleep over it. I just can't put my books away once I pick them up.
I finish a book every few days and then can't wait to get onto a new one.
Right now I'm reading "The Kite Runner" and it's fascinating. Before that I finished "White Oleander", "Little White Lies", and "Night". All great, but very different, books.
I recently convinced my Dad to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" - one of my favorites - I've read it more times than I can count. Almost every night at the dinner table I'll ask, "What part are you at now?", excited to share my love of the book with someone else.
I love escaping into other worlds, whether they be the worlds of my friends through their blogs or the worlds captured in the pages of a book. Speaking of which, I feel my book calling to me about now...

6 comments:

m+K said...

Shareen, I just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and loved it! Is you dad enjoying it? I do not want to read Kite Runner because every night when Marc read it I had to listen to him complain about how maddening and depressing it was. Kylie

m+K said...

Shareen, I just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and loved it! Is you dad enjoying it? I do not want to read Kite Runner because every night when Marc read it I had to listen to him complain about how maddening and depressing it was. Kylie

abbott said...

shareen, I am almost done the red tent, so I will bring it home with me next weekend for you. It's been very interesting......

D said...

I love to read too! I read Geisha about six or seven years ago and I loved it. I just read Kite Runner, and loved it also. Some parts were a little hard to bear, but on the whole it was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.

D said...

Hey Shareen. Thanks for the comment (and compliment) on my blog. We should start our own book blog.

Anyway, if you want to be entertained, you must read "Life of Pi" by Yan Martel. You probably already have hey. I just finished "Middlesex" by Jeffery Eugenides a month or two ago. It was really good. I have a billion more that I love. We'll have to compare.

Hope yeverything is good with you. Almost wedding time hey. Later!

Angella said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read...but between 2 kids (almost 3), work, etc., I can't seemto find the time.

Hopefully this summer...

:)