Today, while talking to our pastor, he told me that this wasn't such a bad thing. In fact, that at this time we have more free time than we'll have at most other times in our lives...grrrreat. He said that we'll always be busy and other things will always distract us and we need to make time for our marriage. To think of it as a living thing that needs to be nurtured.
Last weekend I was feeling the crunch. So I decided we needed a date. A real, honest-to-goodness date. So Craig and I went out for a lavish dinner of massive dishes of chinese food and then began the city-wide search for kites. Finally, Wal-Mart came through and we were off to make the best of Lethbridge's infamous breezy weather.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if you factor in the amounts of laughter it caused) we could get the kites to fly to save our lives.
So, after many laughs and failed attempts at making the kites fly despite the windy weather (stupid Wal-Mart kites--what do you expect for $3.66?) we headed home to watch a movie. "Hoodwinked", although it was not what we expected, kept us entertained until we could not longer keep our eyes open.
The next day, after church, we were laughing about our kite-flying adventures when we thought, "why not go try again?" So off we went, this time with my Mum and Dad in tow, to try one more time.
Apparently my parents are good luck, or less is more when it comes to wind and Wal-Mart kites because all of a sudden we were pros.
Parents can fix anything.

6 comments:
I am betting that this will be the most I ever see of craig before the wedding, isn't it. Since he is conveniently out of town everytime I come to lethbridge. That's alright, I can take a hint....
Sha-reeeeeen, are you excited for Friday night yet? I got you the perfect gift. Well, I think it's perfect anyways.
awwww you guys are pretty precious. Way to actually fly a kite, I totally want to get into kites, I mean seriously in Lethbridge I could go pro pretty quickly! :)
you look really good Shareen!! So when is your big day? We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary yesterday!! Time flies, enjoy every moment!!
I love kites! In fact, the last time I flew a kite was with you on my 20th birthday with Joanna and April. Courtesy of your "virgin funpack".
Ah memories!
Looks like a hoot! Make sure you keep up the "real" dates even after you're married :)
Hope the party was fun last night!
Post a Comment