Tuesday, April 18, 2006

games games games


I love playing games. You name it--cards, board games, brain teasers--I love them all. Each year my Christmas list has one standard entry, "games". One game I love, love, love, but no one has been able to find it in stores is Catch Phrase. I've been wanting it for, literally, years now. However, this past Saturday as Nicole and I were perusing the mall we walked past the game store and the subject came up. I told her that one time I'd seen the newer version of Catch Phrase there, but it was the automated one and I didn't want that. I walked in to show her what it was, and lo and behold THERE IT WAS! Of course I had to buy it...and so did Nicole.

5 comments:

Janice said...

We LOVE that game too!! i sometimes can't handle the presure when the timer starts ticking. i totally start freaking out!!

D said...

I've never even heard of that one, but now you've sparked my curiosity.
I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Glad you've re-joined the blogging world you big jerk.

abbott said...

so, have you taken it out of the box yet? I haven't. Did you play the telepaths game at easter?

Jenessa Fowke said...

I have that game, and it is a favorite! I like it because it doesn't take long to play and every one gets hyped when playing it.

Another good one is "things." It's a good one to play with people you know. It's a bit like balderdash, except you aren't filling in definitions for works, but rather various "things" that fit the answer. You then have to guess who guessed what.

Christy and Dustin said...

We have that game. We got it at a Thrift store years ago! I love it. Sooo fun! Dustin is the king of bored gamed.