Saturday, December 31, 2011

The 11th Hour

It is the 11th hour of 2011 and I am doing what I am normally doing at this time of the night: sitting on the couch with the computer on my lap while Craig watches basketball and Maggie sleeps with her head resting comfortably against my right hip.
I've never been big on New Year's celebrations. We had fun as children, being allowed to stay up way past our bedtimes to ring in the New Year. As I got older I often had jobs that necessitated that I worked on New Year's Eve. I can only remember one year when I went to a party with friends (which actually ended with me getting pulled over by police...so perhaps I had all my fun in one night? I'm joking, I couldn't stop and slid through a red light on the icy roads.)

And while it felt like this year has gone by in the blink of an eye, a lot has happened. Here's just a taste:
Tyrn James turned 1!
Maggie remained the happiest dog ever...especially after Lowell helped us figure out what was going on with her and get her on the best food for her.
Yay for having family close by (boo for stupid ferries in the middle)!
Yay that even if your family lives on the other side of the country (almost), you can still see them thanks to air travel! I also biked in Ottawa. It's a big deal, really.
And you can do double duty on those trips and see your best friends too!
Labour Day trip to Chilliwack to labour with Kylie on tomato sauce and peaches. Job well done I'd say. (Kylie, the basketball team highly approves of the sauce - I'm just sayin'.)
I also hung out with this crazy kid.
September 28 - yay for Fraser!!
Visit to Lethbridge for bambino cuddles and canine cousin capers.
It was a gorgeous autumn in Victoria this year - the most colourful since I've been here.
Kayaking!
note: this is at the beginning of November (AKA: movember) which explains Craig's skeevy appearance.


I know that there are many fun and wonderful events from the year that I'm missing (because we don't have pictures or because I can't recall them in the 20 minutes I've been working on this), but I have appreciated everyone's piece of this year.

From our small family to you, happy 2012! We are excited to see what this New Year brings.

3 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Yay for all the fun of 2011 and Happy New Year! :)

Sneep Family said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

D said...

Fun year! Happy 2012!!!