I am a Harry Potter fanatic.
There it is. In print. I love everything Harry Potter.
I have read the books more times than I can count. I have listened to the audiobooks even more. I would (and want to) go to the Harry Potter theme park. If I were in Kings Cross Station I would totally run at the barrier between platforms 9 and 10 just to see if I could maybe get onto platform 9 3/4 (I wonder how many times a day that happens? probably thousands).
I do enjoy the movies, but they have not been the best part of Harry Potter for me. They are not as real to me as the books. As with any book-to-movie transition, things are left out; details are changed. And not only are details changed but whole new events are added in! As if Harry Potter needs to be made MORE exciting.
Today part 2 of the seventh movie (so the 8th movie?) comes out. It will be over. A time for celebration, yet so much sadness. The Harry Potter generation, as many of us have called ourselves from time to time, will mourn the end of an era.
And then most likely move on to the next thing. But for now, I still celebrate Harry.

And now for a fun questionnaire I found (which inspired this post):
Your house: Gryffindor, or maybe Ravenclaw.
Your favorite character from the trio: Hermione
Three other favorite characters: Dobbie, Lupin, McGonagall
Least favorite character: Umbridge. Like more than Voldy. She is the worst. Or Bellatrix.
Favorite book: Goblet of Fire
One favorite moment: “Not my daughter you bitch!" Mrs. Weasley is WOMAN. She loves the hell out of her kids, and Harry and Hermione, and she’s so great.
How you were introduced to the series: I don't really know...I was a bit late getting into them though. I think I read books 1-3 in a week.
What would your favorite lesson be? Charms or Transfiguration
Which hallow would you take? The Cloak of Invisibility
Which character are you most like? I think Hermione. Not so much in the keener study-craziness, but she's a good friend who generally has a pretty even head and tends to be the responsible one of her friends.
Three spells you’d like to be able to perform: Expecto Patronum, Alohomora, Accio, Episkey, Scourgify
Would you have entered your name in the Goblet of Fire? maybe, I'm not sure.
Would you have played Quidditch? Yes!
What form would your Patronus take? It would look like Maggie.
What would be your profession in the wizarding world? A teacher at Hogwarts.

No comments:
Post a Comment