Summer 2011, although it hasn't been very "summery" weather-wise, has been jam-packed with activities. To illustrate our nice, but not NICE weather, check out the latest forecast:
The sun finally came out in late July, and while we have had no real heat to speak of, the weather has been pleasant and we have enjoyed taking Maggie to the lake or the ocean, going to and hosting barbecues with friends, playing bocce in the park, and all types of day trips.
Craig's parents were out to visit a few weeks ago and, as always, it was a relaxing and productive visit. Yvonne rarely lets me cook and Jim fixes anything he can in his time here and for me the most exciting fix was the removal of the purple toilet! We know have a mis-matched bathroom as the sink and tub are still purple, but we'll get to them in time.
We also went with them to a local flea market, had a mini golf tournament (I won a ice cream - from my group, not the mini-golf establishment - for a hole-in-one), we enjoyed hotdogs, mini-donuts and music at the Sidney Thursday night market, and we enjoyed playing many games of cards as always.
This past weekend I went to Penticton to visit with some of my close girlfriends. I was priviledged to be there while Jill was offered her dream job and was able to celebrate with her. I had a wonderful lunch with friends from Victoria who were married last summer and moved to Kelowna and then spent Saturday afternoon floating down the channel. We went for a fantastic greek dinner and a whole lot of laughs. I am blessed with phenomenal friends.
Now it is mid-August on Vancouver Island, and even though they are behind, blackberries are starting to ripen. I think this is my favorite time of year. So much is in season: tomatoes, corn, berries, peaches, cherries, nectarines, melons, and a whole lot more. I'm looking forward to attempting some canning - perhaps some tomato sauce, peaches, and more jam.
This past weekend I went to Penticton to visit with some of my close girlfriends. I was priviledged to be there while Jill was offered her dream job and was able to celebrate with her. I had a wonderful lunch with friends from Victoria who were married last summer and moved to Kelowna and then spent Saturday afternoon floating down the channel. We went for a fantastic greek dinner and a whole lot of laughs. I am blessed with phenomenal friends.
2 comments:
Maggie can get some pretty good air there! And also.... I wish WE had blackberries! Yummmmmm....
HI Shareen,
I just noticed this post. Nice summer fun. Your time with Jim and Yvonne sounds so nice, They are fun to play cards with!
Mmmmmm! blackberries!
Have a great weekend!!
Love Mum and Dad
Post a Comment