Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Growing up Grandma and Grandpa Rose would always visit Lethbridge near the end of November. As the snow fell in Lethbridge we enjoyed being cuddled by our grandparents, walks to Stubbs pharmacy (as we always got a chocolate bar out of the deal), scruff-rubs from Grandpa and so much more. My heart still swells to bursting at the memories of playing rummi, or Grandpa's special nicknames for us all.
November 26 was Grandpa's birthday, and often ended up being the day we also decorated our tree. He would go out with Uncle Case (almost another grandfather figure we had adopted early in childhood) on his rounds and then pick up a KFC dinner. Grandpa passed when I was 18, but I think of him often.
I still try to keep up the tradition of setting up the tree on or around his birthday - this year I took it a step further:
Maggie had to get in on the action too...not for the food, but the festivities.

2 comments:

Danica said...

What a nice tradition. You're so cute to carry it on. Mwah!

Mama Bear said...

love it!