Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Forty Things I Love About Craig

1. He eats everything I make and never complains.
2. His passion for basketball (who gets stressed out by basketball and then relaxes by watching basketball?).
3. His love for his team.
4. The way he leaves a book in the bathroom.
5. How he gets so excited when I make rice krispie squares.
6. When something strikes him really funny and he full-on laughs, it's the best sound ever.
7. The way he always puts his clothes away (I still haven't learned that skill).
8. How he tries so hard not to wake me when he comes into the bedroom at night and yet every night he forgets to set his alarm and has to make his clock beep and then when I lift my head he pumps his fits and says, "dang it!".
9. When Maggie is on the floor and I call her to come sit by me he'll automatically start calling her to come sit by him instead. I always win.
10. How he comes running over to hug Maggie at almost every commercial break despite the fact that she chose to sit with me instead of him.11. He reads Louis L'Amour.
12. He loves westerns...but mostly doesn't make me watch them.
13. He doesn't mind that I'm a seriously obnoxious fan. In fact, I think he likes it. Except last weekend, when I was sitting directly behind his bench...then he told me to can it.
14. He always gives all the credit to me that Maggie's such a great dog.
15. His loyalty.
16. His excitement over his ringtone ("Renegade" by Styx).
17. The way I've turned him into the fashion police.
18. The way he encourages me to push for my goals.
19. He's a good cuddler.
20. He takes out the garbage.
21. He doesn't tell my embarrassing stories.
22. He is protective.
23. He still peeks while I'm getting ready for bed.
24. The way he now concedes to my "you went to school with Kenny Rogers" jokes.
25. The way he tickles my back to help me fall asleep when I don't feel well.
26. He doesn't make fun of my basketball shot...anymore.
27. He keeps his treat food downstairs and out of the temptation zone.
28. When he comes in the door after practice he calls out, "how are my girls?"
29. His eyebrows. Yep, I love 'em.
30. The fact that he gets more excited about shopping for suits than for anything else.
31. That I am still learning new things about him all the time.
32. That he got 2nd place in a girl's tube race when he was a kid. Or something like that. It was still funny.
33. The way he talks me down from my craziness.
34. How his family has accepted me as their own.
35. How he's hopelessly lost with who's who in my family...I really need to make a chart.
36. He will wipe my eyes when I cry at a movie. Which only makes me feel dorky and stupid, but I still love it.
37. His excitement over little things: a new episode of "Big Bang Theory", taco salad, Maggie running down the stairs to greet him when he gets home...
38. He loves left-over chili more than when we have it the first time, because leftovers means we can eat it on baked potatoes!!
39. When he walks into the kitchen while I'm making dinner, stops behind me and says in the voice he reserves just for me (and maybe Maggie sometimes), "can I have a hug?"
40. He's mine, and I don't doubt him for a second.
Happy Birthday, Bunny!

7 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

Aw, that's sweet Shareen!

Lowell and I LOVE BBT (Big Bang Theory). Tell Craig we'll have to bond over it soon!

My number one favourite thing about Craig is that he went to curling camp.

Happy Birthday Craigory!!

Mama Bear said...

Shelley's thoughts:

1) awesome post!!
2) do they have curling camp for adults? cause i would go. no, seriously.
3) what's a girl's tube race?
4) did he really go to school with kenny rogers? kenny rogers is canadian?
5) happy birthday CRAIG!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shareen,
This has to be the most thoughtful birthday gift ever!
Beautiful to read.
Happy Birthday Craig!
Love Mum

Danica said...

Great list! I feel like I kind of know him now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Shareen! And Happy Birthday Craig!

Alisha

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Did you mention he is the most awesome wedding usher? Auntie Cheryl