Friday, May 14, 2010

Growing Like A Weed

Maggie is my baby.
On weekends I make a bed on the floor and she cuddles into my side as I sleep just a few more hours (she's not allowed onto the upper floor where our bedrooms are), when I ride in the passenger seat of the car she climbs into my lap, and she follows me all over the house.
Sometimes I get nostalgic for teeny-tiny puppy Maggie, who used to sleep on my chest and crawl under the coffee table and Craig's old footstool.Now her belly just scratches the surface of that same footstool. She has more than doubled in size...and I think most of it is in her legs. She is so tall! Look at the difference from 4 months to 6 months.4 months6 months
I love - most of the time - taking her for walks in the evenings...the gorgeous weather has certainly helped. Last night we ventured out to one of our favorite haunts, Elk & Beaver Lake. After walking for almost an hour, Maggie found some puppy friends to play with. One puppy came with a family having a picnic dinner and Maggie helped herself to their sandwiches as their young son was more than willing to share. On the plus side, she's excellent with children. :)
I'm looking forward to the weekend, for long walks and cuddle time with my dog-child.

3 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Why must babies grow so quickly?? What a precious pooch!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH! Such a nice puppy!
Nice pictures. I miss her.
Love Mum :)

Mama Bear said...

love the maggie pup!!