Thursday, October 08, 2009

Honda Heaven

Last weekend I said good-bye to a friend. Someone who had seen me through so many different stages of life. I'd cried my eyes out, laughed, sung at the top of my lungs, moved so many times I can't count and still he never gave up on me. We urged each other onward, spurred forward by pure guts and glory. He wasn't the handsomest on the block, but he was mine.
I never thought of myself as superficial or fickle, but I began to stop trusting him. Would he be okay? Would this be the day he wouldn't make it? So, my heart breaking a little, I traded up.Ferdinand was a great car to me. My first. He belonged to my Grandma before me which made him even more special. As I drove him to the grocery store the day before we brought him in to be sent to Honda Heaven I thought about how many times Grandma's hands had rounded that same steering wheel or adjusted those mirrors. I admit it, I loved that car. I wasn't ashamed of the rust or the squeaks, but saw history and was proud that he still ran so well after all those years.tagged for Honda Heaven
But it was time. I said goodbye to Ferdie and hello to my new (as yet un-named) friend. So far she's great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mazda 3,
...is a nice looking car.
However the owner,
...is prettier by far!
Why was the Honda masculine,
...and the Mazda not?
It was on looks I reckon,
...though it matters not.

The best name... for your Mazda 3?
I'm thinking
...could it be "Maggie"!
Love,
-- Dad XXXOOO

Bloggy Mama said...

Seriously? Sweet ride!

Mama Bear said...

that's the same car i have! :) You will like it!

Danica said...

You're going to blog again soon right?
Love that you're blogging again!