- I didn't think I'd miss the coffee shop, but it turns out I do. Not the work necessarily, but the people, the ability to play random music and dance around, the laughter of working with close friends and of course the close proximity to caffeine.
- Our townhouse is starting to feel more like home. We love it here and we're finally (8 months later) starting to put up pictures and make our mark.
- Basketball is back in session full-swing and Craig is busier than ever. The Tip-Off dinner is next weekend as is the Alumni game which are causing Craig no end of stress. Plus, he's working full-time these days as it's crazy in the mailroom so he's picking up extra hours to help out.
- I made taco pizza on the BBQ with fresh salsa and guacamole for dinner tonight...seriously delish.
- Julie, Lowell, Marc, Kylie and my parents are coming out here for Thanksgiving (so sad that Dan and Carlynne can't come out too), we're obviously going to have a rockin' celebration, but most of us are going to be running in the Royal Victoria 8K race...I am so not ready. I just have not been feeling the running lately. I mean, I know I can finish, but finish well? We'll have to see about that.
- Danica has inspired me (we share a common love - obsession? - for all things sugar) to give up sugar for a month. I'm researching supplements right now to see if I should take something or just flat out cut sugar.
- I was in Vancouver this past weekend, I got to attend some CCMA fan events because the friend I was visiting is good friends with Dean Brody. We got to see some great acts, and I have some new music to add to my playlists (has anyone heard "One More Girl"? A sister duo from Vancouver - beautiful harmonies!), we also had some delicious, and FREE, pulled pork sandwiches (and got to see the whole pigs on the spit, had to get over that to eat the sandwiches) and beer. We also watched the Serena Williams meltdown in stunned silence.
- I am a "GLEE" addict. Yes, there have only been two episodes, but I tell everyone I know that they have to watch the show. It's unbelievably dorky, painfully nerdy and shamelessly ME.
- I have become a complete David Sedaris groupie. I own all of his books in print AND audio format. He came to do a free reading here in June, it began at 7:00pm and was being held in a local independent bookstore. I knew it would be packed (it was, 400 people showed up) but I got there at 3:00 (!!) to make sure I got a seat. I was front-row, thank you very much. I'm also heading to Vancouver at the end of October to see his official lecture tour...
- I've recently acquired a sewing machine (accidentally got Julie's - sorry! hope you're okay without it until Thanksgiving, Bulers!) and am looking forward to attempting some new projects. I want to make some curtains for the guest room as well as try my hand at quilting.
So there we have it. Ten points to get me back in the swing of things...
4 comments:
Hey Shareen! I have you in my google reader and was delightfully surprised to see you had a new posting this morning! Welcome back!
Jana
1)We're sooo looking forward to our little Victorian reunion (although I'll probably get my butt whooped in the race). I still think Carlynne should come. Dan will be away, but she should tooootally come.
2) Enjoy my sewing machine while you have it! :)
3) LOVED the Glee trailer and music, and I KNOW we'll love the show. Can't wait to see it!
4) Are you addicted to caffeine? Have you noticed that you get jittery and shaky at your new place of work? That little quick fix isn't QUITE so handy now is it?!!?!
I am NOT addicted to caffeine, and I believe in fact that it gives me diarrhea. Trust me you... I am NOT addicted to THAT feeling.
5) Love you and see you soon!
Love the update, Shareen. Have a great day and good luck with thw sweets-quit!
I like it! I enjoy hearing what's going on in your life :)
Post a Comment