Sunday, May 25, 2008

Whole Month of Happenings

I'm sure you're sick of seeing that car (ahem - Lowell) as soon as you open the page...I apologize. It's been a busy month, but I should make more time to blog. I'll try and give you a re-cap.

My friend Kate and I ran a 10K race. We didn't like the idea of running with a camera and thus didn't get any pictures so this is what we've got. Very accurate I think. Look how happy we are!We had a going-away party for my good friend Janna. We went dancing and she had a full-on dance-off with a guy...floor cleared and everything!Janna and Kate, my running partner (didn't I do a good job of drawing her? I probably didn't even need to tell you it was her...).
Julie, Carlynne and Kylie came to visit for a wonderful "sister weekend". Craig did well with the estrogen overload as we forced him to watch "Princess Diaries 2" and almost roped him into doing face masks.
I've gone on a bit of a plant craze lately. It started when a friend gave me a potted plant instead of flowers for doing her makeup for her grad photos. Here are a few of our new household friends:
Last weekend I trekked to the mainland to visit Marc, Kylie, and Niko. I got a little too much sun on the ferry on the way there, but it didn't affect my visit. We had a great time. Niko and I bonded and it was wonderful to see Marc and Kylie again. I took a grand total of 3 pictures the whole time I was there and 2 of them were of Niko and his girlfriend Bella...
And finally, on Friday as I was walking to my car after work, a whole family of bunnies came running at me. The campus is covered with bunnies...and at this time of year, cute baby bunnies.So, in a very long nutshell...that's it. A month. I've got to blog more often...that was exhausting.

8 comments:

m+K said...

Thanks for the update Shareen! I really like your running photo. I think you should take up drawing all your photos from now on. Think of the talent you will develop and instead of having to whip out your camera when a photo op occurs you can actually just be in the moment and freeze the image in your brain to draw later! Oh the money you will save too! Just a thought for you to mull over.
Kylie

LOWELL said...

FINALLY! I was beginning to have an unhealthy relationship with that car of yours. =)

Awesome job on the run. I hope you keep it up. Running is... nice... and good. (from julie's speech at your weeding)

We look forward to a new blog update in hopefully under a month this time, although the running picture is cute, so I won't mind seeing it over and over until you post again. *smirk*

Karyn Clemens said...

Heck, seeing the car was better than seeing the colorful toenails for over a month! I cringe just thinking about it. I am glad to see you posting again, Shareen :)

~K~

Bloggy Mama said...

Thanks for the update, Shareen. Love the houseplants!! You grow, girl!

Lowell & Julie said...

Nice artwork. I knew EXACTLY who it was in the picture!

Kylie honey, I don't think Shar would save any money by drawing ALL of her pictures (although I would be a fan of that!). That would take a lot of time, and we all know that TIME IS MONEY! Hehe:)

Cute bunnies!

m+K said...

Julie honey, time is money but if Shareen developed a particular talent for drawing pictures she would be much in demand and therefore make her time "valuable." No one really draws pictures nowadays ;) so I think she could really find a niche here.

Lowell & Julie said...

suuuuuuuuure Kylie. You're absolutely correct... ;)

Christy and Dustin said...

Good for you running a 10k. I don't even think I could run 2 right now. I also like the drawing Very cute.