Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm Leaving My Heart...

We're on our "quasi-honeymoon" (only 'quasi' because we still want to go somewhere tropical and luxurious but we were sick of waiting to go somewhere) and having a great time. San Francisco is gorgeous and we couldn't have asked for better weather. So far we've been to Alcatraz (where the abover picture was taken) and Fisherman's Wharf, eaten at some amazing restaurants (Last night we went to a small place in Little Italy - Mona Lisa's, if you're ever in SF, go there! The host spoke very little English and we communicated while we waited through guestures and broken English and spattered Italian. I regaled him with what little Italian I know - mostly learned from Roberto Benigni in "Life is Beautiful" and the Italian Arias I had to sing in voice lessons. Mostly we laughed a lot. And the food...oh, the food was amazing. I had pumpkin ravioli with a sage and butter sauce and Craig had a four cheese fettucini.) and done a lot of shopping. Today since it's Easter Sunday we don't know what will be open but we want to try to explore Chinatown or maybe go back to the Wharf because we never got to see the seals. Tomorrow we head down to Monterey for the day. But, since it's almost 11am and I'm still lying in bed, I guess I should get up...maybe...in a little while.

4 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

I'm glad you guys finally get your (quasi) honeymoon. Keep on having a great time!

PS- You both look FANTASTIC!

Bloggy Mama said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I can no longer look at pictures of Alcatraz without hearing Sean Connery saying "Welcome to the Rock". Anyway - I agree with Julie - you guys look awesome! I hope the rest of your trip goes as well as the beginning!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you quasi-honeymoon is going well! I hope that you still have beautiful weather. I just have question regarding your last post, or two posts ago. Where do you get you Kiehl's self tanner? I'm looking for something to tan me up for my wedding!