Tuesday, September 04, 2007

exhaustemapated

It has been a crazy summer, and it all culminated in the past few days. We had Shawn & Suzanne visiting, as well as Nate, and I headed off to the Okanagan for some long-overdue visiting and a much anticipated wedding. Not much sleep was to be had.
Before leaving, I needed to make sure my toes were pretty. But not just my toes, Craig wanted to be pretty too.Can you guess which are his (hint: if you think I have hairy toes you are sorely mistaken)?
Sadly, I have no pictures from of Shawn & Suzanne or Nate, but they really were here. We shopped, ate copious amounts of food and then we ate some more.
My drive to the Okanagan was smooth and uneventful (this is wonderful when you drive a 1985 Honda Accord that has seen better days...approximately 20 years ago). I did happen upon a place that made me think of some people who are very special to me.Again, for some reason my camera stayed hidden while I stopped for a wonderful time in Summerland. Seeing Christy, Dustin and the kids was amazing. I wish I had had more time. Their children are beautiful and so eager to show all the things they can do, while Olivia is content to sit and play or try out her new skill--climbing the stairs (!!) of their gorgeous home. Things with Christy have always been so easy. We can get together after long expanses of time and pick up right where we left off. As an added bonus, I got to meet some "friends" who I can now call friends (as our relationship does not exist solely online anymore), Amanda had us over, along with Angella, Erin and Tianna. Summerland is filled with some of the most incredible women I have ever had the privilege to "meet" and now meet. Again, brilliantly, I have no photographic evidence.
Saturday brought me to the beginning of the wedding festivities. The rehearsal dinner was incredible, and Jill's stagette followed right after. Much fun--and wine!--was had by all.Sunday went by in a flurry of activity. Hair always takes longer than expected so my makeup timeline was slightly reduced, but we did incredibly well. Jill was stunning, as was only to be expected as she's gorgeous on the best of days. The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was touching (not to mention the food was ridiculously good...oh, and the wine, so so good). It was great to see friends from home, to dance to crazy old (to us, anyways) songs and laugh long into the night. I made it back to my hotel at around 3am, and crankily set my alarm for 6:30, so I could beat all the holiday monday traffic on the highways. I was out of the hotel and on the road by 7am, and home by 2pm. Yes, I'm exhaustempated, but it was all worth it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I definitely hear my bed calling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun! It was great to meet you finally - come again!

:)

Anonymous said...

I will email the pictures from Dinner with all of us (You, Craig, Nate, Suzanne and I) - when I get home tonight - sorry should have done it sooner - but kinda got sidetracked when I got home...

Glad to hear you got there and back in one piece!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we finally got to meet. From what I can see, the makeup on all the ladies looked divine for the wedding and I'm sure you did a great job. Perhaps you have a potential career in the cosmetic industry??
PS: Wax your toes. That's sick.

Karyn Clemens said...

Is there any chance that you might be able to possibly blog again soon? LOL Every time I click the link to your page, it pops up with hairy toes and purple nail polish...it really just throws me off. Yeah, thanks.

*giggle*

Karyn