As Karyn has so subtly pointed out--and it is a very valid point, might I add--that when opening up our blog, a picture of hairy toes with purple nail-polish is a very jarring welcome. So today, I will wait until the end of the post to add any potentially disturbing photos.
I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately. I feel like I haven't had anything fun or exciting to share. I'm still searching on the job-front, and sometimes feeling a bit defeated. I love where I work now, but I'd just like something a little more stable.
Here we go, I hope you learn something new...
I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately. I feel like I haven't had anything fun or exciting to share. I'm still searching on the job-front, and sometimes feeling a bit defeated. I love where I work now, but I'd just like something a little more stable.
Here we go, I hope you learn something new...
I DISLIKE
1. The sound of chewing - Many people believe that because of this, they cannot eat around me, ever. It's not normal chewing sounds that bother me, but the crunching and open-mouthed smacking of people who seem to be raised by bovines. Popcorn is a particular problem for me...I even wear earplugs to movies (GASP!) because it bothers me so much--well, that and people who talk at normal volumes throughout the movie...IT'S NOT A SOCIAL HOUR!--the movie's more than loud enough to hear through the earplugs and I can focus on the movie instead of getting frustrated by silly things like popcorn chewing.2. Suds scum in the sink - It's just gross. I shouldn't have to clean the sink before doing the dishes...
3. Salespeople who make me feel like I'm not good enough to be in their store. Enough said.
4. The little crusty chunk that forms in the nozzle of your lotion. Yuck.
5. When the streets are wet and the bottom of my pants get wet then I get home and take off my shoes and it soaks my socks.
6. Fergie (as in the singer, not the Duchess of York) - just in general
7. When my neighbor decides to go out to his car at 3am, open the door, insert the key and then go back inside for awhile so that the "dinging" can gently drive me insane. That as well as his hacking cough (dude, just stop smoking!).
8. Gas prices...can someone just give us a break?!?
9. People that don't know how to merge properly... (uh oh, maybe I shouldn't have gotten onto this whole driving thing...I could start on my "proper way to drive in a traffic circle" rant and I think I would lose all 4 of my readers then and there)
10. When people use the wrong "their/there/they're" or "your/you're"
Enough negativity...
I LIKE
(in no particular order, well, except for #1, 2 & 3)
1. CraigI LIKE
(in no particular order, well, except for #1, 2 & 3)
2. My family
3. My friends
4. Cuddling up under a blanket with a cup of tea to watch a movie
5. Singing at the top of my lungs while driving or cleaning the house
6. Trying new restaurants
7. Chocolate and 5 cent candies
8. Sleeping
9. Edward Norton, Hugh Grant (I can't help it, I don't know what it is), and Colin Firth
10. waking up in the morning by myself - by which I mean, unassisted. No alarm set...
8 comments:
I can't believe that nobody has yet to jump all over this post - but I am glad that I get to go first. Things I Hate - #1 and #9 all the way - actually I can think of few things in my life that fill me with more angst than those two. I can be filled with homicidal rage (okay - maybe that is a bit extreme, but the hyperbole makes the point) by open mouthed chewers and people who merge at half the posted speed limit. Argh
How about those who merge at a yield - and then yield at a merge......
LOVE IT! I was subtle, wasn't I Shareen? ;) This was a great post to follow the painted toenails though!
I must agree with I Hate #9 as well!! ARG! I theorize that everyone should be re-tested for their driver's licenses every 5 years...at the most. #10 probably bothers me just as much, if not more than #9!!
I also LOVE #10 on list number 2. Sleeping in...aaahhhh...Heaven.
~K~
I too am in the blogging funk. But continue on Shareen. I enjoy your blog, so don't quit. And I like your idea too. I think if I were to do it, once I started on things I dislike I could be there for awhile, and that might not be so good.
THE MERGING THING! I was just thinking about that on my way home from work today. I HATE when people are lined up to merge, and the person at the BACK of the line goes first. Uncool. Also, I hate when one of 2 lanes in closed and people drive as far as possible then bud in line. MAN!
And #10. I also hate when people mix up is/are. Singular=is; plural=are. It's simple!
=)
I LOVE lists!
And these were gooders :)
I would like to swim in a pool of 5 cent candies. The pool would include: big feet, swedish berries, marshmallow strawberries, blue whales, coke bottles, and sour watermelons.
Just so you know.
amen!
good lists.
I don't think we've met, but I'm melinda.
I live in Lethbridge, but I'm from vancouver -- I know your mom and julie.
also...your oqoqo manager moved to vancouver to work on w.4th, and i met her when i took a few shifts there.
:)
Post a Comment