Tuesday, August 21, 2007

slow going

I know, I know. I've been a horrible blogger as of late. And it's not because I haven't had the time...I really have no excuse. So as I sit here, trying to remember that I put the soup on to heat for dinner, listening to the Jays game in the background and trying not to think about going to work tomorrow I'll tell you what's been up with us lately.
It's been wedding crazy this summer! The busiest wedding summer since 2001 I think. After the Labour Day long weekend I will have gone to five weddings, a far cry from 2001's eleven, but busy nonetheless.
Two weeks ago I flew to Cranbrook and headed into Fernie to celebrate with Aaron and Megan. It was such a special weekend. I was able to visit both households the morning before the wedding as I was doing the makeup for the wedding party and the Moms and the hair and makeup for the bride as it turned out. It was a beautiful day, perfect for Aaron and Megan who are both so special to me, close like siblings almost. The day was full of tears and laughter, and it was great to catch up with old friends and make new ones.Then this past week we've been doing some/had some work done at home. We got new lino in the kitchen. The guy who lived here before us did a really spectacular patch job where we think he burned something by cutting a piece from underneath the stove and gluing it on top of the burned patch. So, after a mere year of living with that, we have new linoleum. And wow, is that adhesive potent stuff.I also decided it was time to organize my closet...again. This happens often as generally the entire contents of my closet ends up on my floor and then needs to be organized IN the closet again. I had put everything away and Craig and I decided to hit up the mall. I, like many women, have a thing for shoes. Bring me to a mall, a department store, a flea market, a thrift store, almost anywhere, and I'll head for the shoes. Craig laid down the law, however, and said, "I'm sick of your shoes spilling out of the closet. Until you get a shoe rack or organizer you can't buy anymore shoes." I think it took me about half an hour to find this and another half an hour to get it home and set up. Let's go shopping!So, other than that I've been busy working on our wedding album. I've realized that it is definitely going to take more than one album to fit all of these pictures. The first album is basically half-full and I haven't even gotten to the ceremony yet! Although watching my progression through scrapbooking (from pathetic to better to...I don't know, I'm not there yet) is interesting. I'm enjoying the process, but I'm hesitant to put it away as I'm afraid I'll never take it out again. Really, we've been married for 14 months and I've probably finished about 20 pages and 14 of those have probably been in the past day. Julie, wanna come help?
Hopefully, I'll have some exciting news soon that will prompt me to blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a wedding picture of Aaron and Megan. Since I did not have a camera I couldn't show Dad. He has now seen the happy wedding couple. Nice looking closet! Looks like the shoe rack is full though :)
love Mum

Hillary said...

I think I need one of those shoe racks. Where did you get it?

Ryan,Grace,Penny, Tytus, Henry & Liam said...

Two weeks ago I was in Fernie too (that's where ryan was born and family still lives there) would have been cool to run into you. So funny about cleaning your closet...i do the exact same thing, but right now I don't have a closet, so the clothes are still laying around. And scrapbooking...my sister has been married 18mnths and has finished about 4pages, but i guess I'm not doing any better... been married 7mnths and haven't even chosen out a book yet...oops.
Missed you blogging, glad there was some sort of update.

Lowell & Julie said...

Holy shoes batman! Too bad we're not the same size...or are we? Well, you know where to send them when you're finito with them:)

Oh, and I also like the floor. New, clean floors are da bomb.