I have been making frequent trips to the airport lately.
Two weekends ago, it was to pick up (and subsequently drop-off) this nut job:
We had a great time together. Shopping, wandering, eating, watching people catch crabs (from the ocean, weirdos) among other things.
Then a few days later I made the drive to catch a plane myself in order to attend my Great Uncle Billy's 80th birthday party. It was quite a bash. I was also able to meet Carlynne's boyfriend Dan for the first time...
Then this past weekend I yet again ventured out to pick up another guest. I'd seen Jen just once, for a few hours, since Craig and I's wedding so this weekend was sorely needed. We talk quite often but I was sad to bring her back yesterday. As a matter of fact I made her promise another visit in order to let her go. We ate, went to the beach (and got burnt in the weirdest places), shopped (beautiful, beautiful shoes), and laughed a lot. Sadly, I only have one picture of us from this weekend. And even though it's not good I'm going to post it.
(look at how red my arm is even in the picture...yep, I got pretty burnt...yes, Mum and Dad, I wore sunscreen--I did not apply it 30-45 minutes before going out in the sun as recommended though--I even reapplied after swimming!)
Now, July is almost over and my airport trips are not. On Friday I head there once again to fly to Calgary. On Saturday some good friends get married in Cowtown and then I head home to hang out and help prepare for Julie's wedding. Can you believe it? Only 10 more days!
We had a great time together. Shopping, wandering, eating, watching people catch crabs (from the ocean, weirdos) among other things.Then a few days later I made the drive to catch a plane myself in order to attend my Great Uncle Billy's 80th birthday party. It was quite a bash. I was also able to meet Carlynne's boyfriend Dan for the first time...

Then this past weekend I yet again ventured out to pick up another guest. I'd seen Jen just once, for a few hours, since Craig and I's wedding so this weekend was sorely needed. We talk quite often but I was sad to bring her back yesterday. As a matter of fact I made her promise another visit in order to let her go. We ate, went to the beach (and got burnt in the weirdest places), shopped (beautiful, beautiful shoes), and laughed a lot. Sadly, I only have one picture of us from this weekend. And even though it's not good I'm going to post it.
(look at how red my arm is even in the picture...yep, I got pretty burnt...yes, Mum and Dad, I wore sunscreen--I did not apply it 30-45 minutes before going out in the sun as recommended though--I even reapplied after swimming!)Now, July is almost over and my airport trips are not. On Friday I head there once again to fly to Calgary. On Saturday some good friends get married in Cowtown and then I head home to hang out and help prepare for Julie's wedding. Can you believe it? Only 10 more days!
3 comments:
Hello Airport girl. That has been a few trips alright and Victoria airport is a little way out of the city as well- at least compared to Lethbridge that is. I am looking forward to seeing you Sat. at Bram and Jenna's wedding- that should be fun too!
Mum
WooooooEEEEEEEE, you're coming SO SOON! Can't wait:)
so i'm a nut job am I?
Post a Comment