Friday, May 25, 2007

Funny Things - Part 1

I know I've been a crappy blogger of late and I am sorry. But let me tell you about some funny things that I've seen or have happened to me or about me to make up for it.

1. Last weekend Craig and I went to Vancouver for a basketball tournament. Craig was coaching a regional U15 team and I went to help out. On Saturday I had the joy of hanging out with Suvi. We went for breakfast and proceeded to risk the crowds by heading downtown. It was dead...there were parking spots everywhere! So we wandered the streets and shopped aimlessly. Eventually we happened upon Urban Outfitters, where, as per usual, I bee-lined directly for the sale racks. I perused and without looking rounded to head to the next one when WHACK! I ran head-long into someone. I grabbed her shoulder and looked down to see that she was very, very pregnant. "Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention at all, are you alright? Can I find you a spot to sit down?" (by this time I was gushing) Then I looked at her face. "oh, you're Sarah McLachlan." To which she laughed and proceeded to ask me if I was finding any good deals. Later Suvi said, "Shareen, don't be too obvious, but look over there, is that Sarah McLachlan?" How could I not be obvious? I almost took her out! I didn't tell Suvi about that because I was too embarassed that I had hurt her and her unborn child but now I just think it's funny. (So Suvi, if you're reading this, I never ever would have gone back there with my camera...I couldn't have...not after the body check.)

2. There are a lot of characters in Victoria. Some like to express their character on their cars. I like having my camera with me so I can capture it.more to come

6 comments:

Lowell & Julie said...

I LOVE that you ran into Sarah McLachlan (chalk up another celebrity connection pour MOI), and I find that vehicular apparatus highly amusing. We may need to start painting most of the vehicles in our family like that :)

michaelia and jason said...

I'm impressed Shareen, great story. Few can actually claim that they "ran" into a celebrity!

Joanna said...

wow - that's so cool! A close encounter with sarah mclachlan! I can totally hear you saying "oh, you're sarah mclauchlan" - so funny!

Elizabeth said...

NO. WAY!

D said...

Good post. It makes up for the long silence. I can't believe you plowed into a pregnant SM. Wow.

Susan said...

That is hilarious...I love it. So, exactly how hard did you run in Sarah McLachlan? What a great story...