Sunday, September 17, 2006

Scooter MANIA!!

This morning, despite the wet wet weather, we met at Cycle BC (those guys are awesome by the way) for a little Oqoqo party. It ended up that only 4 of us could come, so we invited Christine to join us and like the great sport she is, she came. We got all geared up and started our scooter training. We learned all the controls and practiced a bit in the parking lot before breaking out onto the open road to begin our scavenger hunt. Soon, we were off and having a blast...
Christine and Sascha at Royal Olympic Park.
Us at the Boom Boom Room...I took a picture of myself while I was driving (I'm such a safe driver, eh? And even while it was my first time on a scooter! Not recommended I bet.) I was making a sad face because I got separated from Sascha and Christine because I had to stop for a massive group of pedestrians...looked like a big tour group. Christine being the hilarious girl she is, just whipped on through, honking her horn while smiling and waving at them all.
Then we hit up Milestone's for a fantastic brunch. Wow, that was some amazing orange juice!If you come visit us here, we'll have to try and swing some scooter time!!

12 comments:

Christy and Dustin said...

WHen Dustin and I were in Victoria for our anniversary a few years ago we rented scooters and it was seriously so fun!

abbott said...

umm, shareen....I think maybe you didn't get the memo about wearing brown coats to the scooter outing? For shame.

shareen said...

yeah, the brown coat thing...I did drop the ball on that a little, eh? Oops.

~Nanc. said...

I have to admit... I also noticed... and felt like Brown MUST be the new black afterall and I should probably get myself a brown coat for the season. Although every single T-Shirt I bought this summer turned out to be brown... so that's got to count for something!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I've never ridden a scooter - just a motorbike. That's fun too :)

Stephen and Amber said...

This looks so fun! And Shareen...you look sexy in your self portrait! Fun times.

Stephen and Amber said...

This looks so fun! And Shareen...you look sexy in your self portrait! Fun times.

Stephen and Amber said...

Sorry I double commented. Stupid blogger

Anonymous said...

Hey Shar, I will hold you to that comment about taking your future guests scootering...
Julie

m+K said...

Me too, we still don't know when we are coming, Marc is thinking that it might be too soon to come Monday, what does the next weekend (Sun/mon) look like for you? Kylie

m+K said...

PS I would phone you right now but Marc is involved in a long extended conversation with Fraser baby so I am relegated to posting blog comments. K

Chryslyn said...

Shareen you CRAZY CAt. Thanks so much for the b-day shirt i LOVE it (i will keep this post rated-G).

I love you girl and I am excited for you and Nicole's thanksgiving plans. Have so much fun and have a great week.