Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time Flies When You're an Aunt/Puppy Mama

I love being an Auntie. And now our family is blessed times TWO. Julie and Lowell will soon be welcoming a bambino of their own, and we couldn't be more thrilled.
They are sharing the experience through pictures. It is so fun to watch how the baby is growing and to have visual representations of its size from week to week. It's also so fun to watch my little sister (yes, she's an adult, and she's not that much younger than me, but she's still my little sister) blossom with new life. Life is so amazing.
My number 1 baby-man (because my number one man-man is Craig) is a year old! How quickly time flies. I am lucky to live close to Marc and Kylie, so that I can see Ty relatively often. (If it wasn't for the ferries, I'd probably be there every week.) His 1st birthday party was a hit, and other than suffering a bonk on the head - because he's learned to climb! what a trouble-maker! - everything went wonderfully. I'm sure he came away with quite the haul. It's nothing compared to what Auntie and Uncle got him, I can assure you. Okay, so I think it's cool, and I'm pretty sure Marc will like it...Maggie is getting bigger and bigger all the time. She now weighs 65 pounds and is a crazy ball of love. When we go for walks or runs she rips around like crazy and the ladies at her doggie-daycare say that she just never stops playing. She won't. Ever. If there's a dog that wants to play she won't stop until you take her away. Even yesterday I gave her a ball to play with while I made dinner and she threw it for herself, kicked it down the stairs, nosed it around the room, picked it up and dropped it, and on and on - for 3 hours! She is a very contented puppy, though, and is always happy to cuddle as deep into your side as she can get. We have had a gorgeous spring (although it is Victoria, so it has been rainy), which makes our walks and runs just that much more pleasant.

3 comments:

Danica said...

Great picture!
Time does fly. I just sent Adora on an out of town overnight trip with her Brownie group. I had a bit of a hard time, not going to lie. She thought it was great. They get so big so fast!

Lowell & Julie said...

Awww *blush*, I'm touched:)
It's hard to believe that Ty is ONE already hey? Crazy child.
Maggie weighs 65 pounds? KUMEU TOO!!

Sneep Family said...

Well you are a Fantastic aunt to a super cute little man & a tiny little hazelnut a great momma to a sweet dog. How fun!