It's strange to chop my life into semesters still, seeing as I'm not in school. But since I work at the University I'm still very aware of them I guess.
News of the past 5 months:
1. We bought a townhouse
2. We moved into the townhouse
3. I wrote the LSAT
4. Craig's season went well
5. I became permanent at the University (YAY for benefits!), but am still in the coffee shop...
6. It's snowed maybe 10 times this year in Victoria...even yesterday!
And now, THE TOWNHOUSE. We love it. It's strange thinking that this is ours and we don't have to ask permission to do anything. It's also a bit intimidating that if something goes wrong it's your dime, but none of that so far. We're also pretty stoked about the tax write-offs for anything you do to your home that's going to STAY in your home (done after Jan 27, 2009) as we have so much we want to do and tax incentives help. It's in a great area of town, actually the very area that I said I would love to live in but never thought we could.
We moved in in mid-December and still have yet to get everything in place. All but one box is unpacked (and that's Craig's, I swear!) but we only have one picture, a calendar and a clock up on the walls. I still hunt
around in the kitchen for various things (especially those chocolate covered almonds that Craig has hidden from me - how many places can there be?), but know I'll get everything where I want it soon. I'm looking forward to a bit of gardening this year...planting my herbs outside as well as getting some rosebushes for the front deck. And for some reason I really want a hummingbird feeder, go figure. We also really love our neighbors, and the complex itself is well run and everyone seems very friendly.

yes, these pictures are from Christmas and I can't tell what I was watching on TV. Something very educational and relevant, I'm sure.
ignore the messiness of the kitchen, these are the only pictures I have...
mmmmmm....sleep....again, conspicuous lack of art.
this is our Easter Egg bathroom. It was much worse when the walls were baby blue. The tub and toilet match the sink. I grew up with a blue bathroom suite but this is the only purple one I've ever seen.
I've always wanted to go back to school. The original plan was grad school, but I feel that I can reach a similar end though law school (and only take 3 years as opposed to 6 or more) so in February I took the LSAT. I took a prep course and, being the dork that I am, really loved it. I was excited to see my own progress in logic games in particular, as I was mildly baffled by them at first. The exam took place on Feb. 7 and we were in the testing room for 6 1/2 hours. I, again being a dork, loved it. Not everyone did, however, one girl even puked as we were about to begin! I did alright on the test, but didn't get the score I was hoping for so I'll be taking it again.
Craig's first season as a post-secondary head coach went well. The team was a great group of guys, and although they didn't make it to playoffs, their improvement was obvious to everyone. I went to Vancouver with them for their final games of the season and had a great time hanging out and watching. I am a bit of a crazy fan. I yell, I scream, I stomp my feet. I think Craig might be
embarrassed sometimes, especially when I start yelling at the refs.

See? Photographic evidence...but he's the coach, it's expected.
I'm still working at the coffee shop, and finally, I am a permanent employee. Translation: my job has not changed, but it no longer has an end date and I get benefits. Oh, and an extra week of vacation time a year. I'm still actively looking for something else, but lately things have been good.
I am sick of the snow. When I'm home (in Alberta) it's fine, but here? No, thank you. I am not concerned about driving when it's snowy but I do get concerned due to the other drivers around here. I do not trust Victorians on the road, well, generally, but especially when there's snow. Also, enough with the teasing, I wore capris last weekend and this weekend snow? Ridiculous. However, today I went for a run in shorts and a t-shirt. I was a bit chilly and after about 3K my fingers were numb and my legs were lovely and pink, but still, shorts and a t-shirt! The people I passed on the path were often wearing large jackets, toques and mitts...oh, to be from Alberta.
8 comments:
YEAH!! You are back! Love the house pictures, glad to see getting removed from our blogroll motivated you to blog. ;) I can't believe how much it has snowed in BC this year. We saw snow in NZ yesterday, although it was at the top of a mountain.
Kylie
Love your bathroom sink! I had a blue one growing up too. But that mauve... that lends it's own brand of tackiness to the room! But your kitchen looks lovely! How nice to have a place all your own! Glad to see you blogging again!
Nice work girl! Your place looks great! Enjoy it! When are you planning on taking your test again? Good luck!
finally!! yes. i love it.
Nice post Shareen! Your place looks great! Sometime after our NZ trip we will have to make the trek to Victoria again. Would love to see your new place, and you two of course. Glad to hear you are keeping up with the running.
Love and prayers,
Dad XXXXXOOOOO
Yay! You blogged! I might just have to re-add you to my list ;)
Congrats on the house..how fun! I can't wait until we can own our own place...ahhh, one day. You should totally order some really expensive wall canvas art from Duane and Kevan...it would look lovely!
~K~
Glad to see you back...I just checked! :) Nice house!
Hey Shareen, your house is adorable!!
What are you wanting to go back to school for? Good luck!!
Post a Comment