Thursday, February 21, 2008

Trying to Catch-Up

Has it really been over a month? Wow. How did I slip from posting so regularly? Regardless, here I am with a quick catch-up on the past month. I finished the Golden Compass series quite quickly after writing my last post. The books are highly entertaining and, once you learn the unique terms, easily engaging. Since then I have read John Grisham's "The Innocent Man" as well as re-reading one of my many favorite--I shouldn't even proclaim favorites anymore, I think the list is up in the 20's or 30's now--books, "White Oleander" by Janet Fitch.
I am so grateful for that spring is in the air! The days have been beautiful here lately. The sky has been blue and the sun has been shining. Yesterday I went for a run along the path that runs along the ocean and the sun warming my face and glinting off the water was blissful. I know that we probably have more than a few rainy days in store still, but the knowledge that summer and spring are just around the corner makes me very happy. The past month has been busy, and yet quite standard. Numerous friends have welcomed little ones, and one of my close friends here moved abroad for the rest of the year. We had quite the send-off. A western-themed shindig was the order of the night...you can't see them in the picture, but both Lindsay and I have awesome boots on and I think by this point Linds had already lost her hat.
I also turned 27. I had to laugh when Julie wrote in my birthday card, "For the next few years all your birthday greetings (from us) will be: 'Holy crap! You're closer to 30 than 20!' Then our greeting will be: 'Holy crappamoli - you're 30!' Then we'll start saying, 'Don't worry, you're still closer to 30.' Then we'll probably just stop mentioning it." I had a lovely birthday. Craig came home from a road trip with flowers and kissed me good-bye as I headed off to work (which, despite being work, was wonderful as I was working with two people I really enjoy) and then I came home to a clean house and an invitation to get changed for my dinner date. We went to a lovely mountain Inn about 20 minutes outside of town with beautiful views over the water. We declined dessert in favour of Blizzards and cuddling up under a blanket on the couch to watch a movie. And now, here I sit in my sweats, listening to the Dixie Chicks, with my hair in a ponytail and doing a home facial - feeling content with the month that's gone by.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shareen. I love you. And I am sorry that I didn't say Happy Birthday. Anyway - your post made me smile and I wanted to say that! oh - and your hat was still in Lethbridge when I was there.... I liked it. I thought about stealing it, but then I didn't. I hope this next month is as contented as the previous!

Bloggy Mama said...

I'm so glad that you had a great month. Here's to many more!

D said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a good month, and it's nice to see you returning to the blogosphere.

Lowell & Julie said...

*whiiiiiistle* you are lookin quite AWESOME if I do say so myself. And oh how I love the Dixie Chicks.

Remember? You, Clyn, Kylie & I are supposed to have some good quality sister time at a Dixie Chicks concert. They wouldn't happen to be gracing Lethbridge with their presence anytime soon would they?

Yeah...right.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and post Shareen! Glad you had a great birthday Month. Have a Super Spring!
Love, Dad