Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Month of Happenings

So...it's been a while. It's been an eventful month and yet at the same time it's been day after day of the same. Here's a sampling of what's been going on:

1. I copied an old idea of Joanna's and went as the Paper Bag Princess for Halloween. The costume was a little tough to work in, but at least I didn't mind getting coffee and espresso grinds all over the ratty paper bag costume that cost me nothing and took 15 minutes to make. I still think Joanna's was cuter and more authentic looking, but for a last minute deal it worked out pretty well.
2. Jason and Kristin came to visit. It was a surprise visit for Kristin's birthday (which Craig almost blew and then I almost blew the surprise lunch Jason had planned) - it was wonderful to see them. We made ourselves sick on halloween candy and ate basically no real food whatsoever.
3. Basketball season is well underway. The team is doing alright despite being so young. We enjoy having a few of the players over for dinner every few weeks, it's wonderful for me to get to know them and also they can get a home-cooked meal. An athlete can only run so much on cafeteria dinners, KD and fast food!

4. A group of girls from work and I went to go see the Theatre Victoria production of "West Side Story" this past weekend. It was very well done. I've seen that particular production a few times before, so "Officer Krupkee" was still my favorite part of the show, but it was a good time out with friends.

5. Today I managed to be a fool at work and slosh almost an entire 16oz cup of scalding hot water on my left hand. I got it under cold water right away and soaked it for a long time and then went to get it treated at the closest first aid station. But still, that was over 8 hours ago and I'm still icing it because it's still burning. Yeesh.

6. In less than a month we go to Arizona...I am counting down the days. It is so cold here. I know it's not the -30s that I grew up with and I know I made fun of people for saying "but it's a wet cold!" before...but really, no amount of clothing keeps that moisture from getting to your skin and freezing your toushie off. That and it just doesn't seem to want to stop raining. Oh, and we had an earthquake yesterday...not that Craig and I could really feel it because the bus that drives by every half an hour probably makes our place shake more but there was an earthquake nonetheless.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

shareen - you look adorable as the paper bag princess - i want to see the whole thing! i'm flattered to have inspired you!
i'm pleased to find you still posting - it seems a bit of a ghost-town (myself also to blame). by the way - if you bring your make-up to lethbridge you can totally give me another makeover over the holidays!
p.s. any recommendations for hair colour for me - i'm considering a change...

Anonymous said...

I love you as the paper bag princess! Cute!

And you guys are adorable in that last photo :)

Hillary said...

Hooray for a new post! I have been waiting. I too went as Paper Bag princess for Halloween. I think you did a better job than me though. I just took a brown compost bag and cut holes for arms and a neck. It was very last minute, but you look great.

CARLA said...

My friend is in West Side Story in Victoria! He plays "Big Deal"... (his name is Jason). He wanted us to come and see the show, but we couldn't take the time off. I heard the show was good, though! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Mama Bear said...

YAY....a new post! Love it.