I love make up. I am also a make up snob. This translates into a tricky situation. It goes something like this:
ME: I have money!!
Craig: WE have money.
ME: Not anymore, I spent it all on make up.
Craig: WE have money.
ME: Not anymore, I spent it all on make up.
Okay, so I'm kidding, but my cosmetic addiction is severe and I do have to bar myself from entering stores for fear of my lack of will power (and what it will consequently do to my account balance).
photo courtesy of Amanda
I love playing with make up and colours and looking at my *cough* six make up bags and saying, "Who do I want to be today?" I can play it funky, or classic, or smoky, or soft and pretty, or edgy and out there. But as well, I love taking the makeup that I have, and playing on the canvases that are the faces of others. I get a thrill out of helping someone feel pretty. I have had the privilege to do the make up at various weddings now, and have played around with anyone who would sit still long enough for me to whip out the brushes (just ask Craig about his many makeovers). Wanna play? Let me know.
photo courtesy of AmandaI love playing with make up and colours and looking at my *cough* six make up bags and saying, "Who do I want to be today?" I can play it funky, or classic, or smoky, or soft and pretty, or edgy and out there. But as well, I love taking the makeup that I have, and playing on the canvases that are the faces of others. I get a thrill out of helping someone feel pretty. I have had the privilege to do the make up at various weddings now, and have played around with anyone who would sit still long enough for me to whip out the brushes (just ask Craig about his many makeovers). Wanna play? Let me know.
4 comments:
If you lived near me, I would sooo PAY you for at least a lesson! I also love make-up, (and spend a tad too much on it) but tend to always apply it too conservatively. I don't know why. Ahhhh, come to Kamloops and help me!
-Danica
Yes, I could sure use a lesson too. 90% of what I know I learned from my most recent roomie, Jill. And you always look fabulous. Anytime, baby! I'm home for Thanksgiving. Any chance you are too?
Shareen - you are amazingly talented with your makeup and I felt so pretty when you did mine for Megan and Aaron's wedding. So - I was thinking. I eventually plan on getting married, and when I do - I'll want to look pretty - so - perhaps you could do my makeup? I thought I'd ask you well in advance.... Anyway - I was thinking - not related to makeup at all - if you and Craig are ever in Vancouver with Craig's Basketball team you should let me know, and I can come watch and say hi!
Will you come to Edmonton. You know just for the day? Ha! I wish! I suck at make-up and would love a lesson or two.
Jill Sneep
Post a Comment