Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Head Above Water and Headwater

Summer is full of fun activities: spontaneous dinner parties, fresh foods galore, chilled wines (why are all my fun activities about food/drink?), outdoor activities, long walks with Maggie, Maggie's increasing swimming talents and swimming together when it's exceptionally hot (hello doggie claws!) just to name a few.

This past weekend Joanna was here to visit - ALL THE WAY FROM SINGAPORE! - and can you believe it? I didn't take a single picture! We were too busy having a great time and running behind for everything to pull out our cameras. She experienced a taste of what it's like owning not just any dog, but a seriously cute dog, as people randomly stop to gush about how over-the-top adorable Maggie is and "ooooooh, isn't she just the sweetest?!" I had the best bathing suit buying experience of my life (thank you, Paradise Boutique, for thinking of real women, I will never buy a bathing suit anywhere else ever again), and we had a seafood fest out on the picnic table. There's nothing quite like cracking into a crab that you know was caught earlier that day and drenching it all in heavenly garlic butter. All served with a crisp, cool wine from the Naramata Bench. Perfect summer evening.

We also went, on Joanna's sister Lisa's recommendation, to a concert one evening. Headwater was a great show and they were so fun and fantastic. We had a blast dancing and drinking German beer. I even got to participate in the show by creating a spotlight on their slide guitar player with a reading lamp...go me. That's what happens when you play at the Norway House to a crowd of 35 people...audience participation.

Check them out performing Fred Eaglesmith's "Freight Train".


Headwater Live - "Freight Train".

Now it's back to work. Back to daily life. But it's summer, so daily life ain't so bad. :)

3 comments:

abbott said...

awesome group shareen. thanks for the suggestion!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun w/e with Joanna Shareen! I enjoyed the "Freight Train" song too. So much energy!
We have a similar venue here in LA which is called "The Geomatic Attic". It seats just over 100 and brings in groups like that. Next Fall we have tickets for Danny Michel, Po'Girl, and The Sojourners. Fun evenings, even tho I do wear ear plugs much of the time.
Love, Dad XXOO

Lowell & Julie said...

Fun fun! I LOVE summer!!