Thursday, January 10, 2008

Festive Flats

I love shoes.
I am tall.
I said it. Whew, that's a load off. Not really, but because I'm tall--taller than Craig without shoes on--I tend to lean more towards buying flat shoes or lower heels. And I buy them at every availably opportunity. This Christmas season was no exception. Every shopping outing we went on I was drawn to the shoe department of whatever store we were in (once, in an outlet mall there was a Nine West Outlet and they had the most beautiful shoes for not very much money and I am still regretting not buying anything...). I even had Craig take a picture of me with a pair of Manolo's that were on sale for $495.00 - purely because they were Manolo Blahniks, not because I liked them. In fact, I thought they were pretty ugly. :)I tried on Prada pumps and Gucci slingbacks - just to say I had. However, I did come away with quite a shoe haul...no heels, even though it was my goal to find the perfect pair of mid-heel black pointy-toe pumps. And now for the footwear parade...A few of them were gifts, and a few were bought at fantastic deals. And now, last but not least. My new "house shoes" from Joanna. I am a slipper wearer - year round. These babies will come in particularly handy in the spring and summer when it's a little warm to be wearing huge layers of fuzz on your feet. Plus, they're super cool. (Thank you, Joanna, I'm wearing them right now!)

9 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

You have nice feet ;)
~Elizabeth mybloggylife.wordpress.com

Lowell & Julie said...

Wow Shar, that's a lot of shoes. And very cute shoes too!

You definitely have the nice feet of the family eh. My long-toed, veiny, buniony feet don't allow such pleasures as high heels (or any dainty shoe for that matter)- even though Lowell is a good 8 inches taller than me.

*sigh* bunions...

But I do take full advantage of any and all slippers. Love the slippers (I think the 'rents did a great job raising us to love and appreciate slippers!)

=)

Anonymous said...

Hey Shareen,

I also being tall can relate to the migration towards the flats, and, thankfaully, these days there are lots of cute ones... (I love your new black ones!!)

It must also be said that I LOVE shoes and I actually always say its a blessing that I'm tall because it instantly narrows my selections. I can't even imagine how our of control my addiction would be if the high heels were options too.

~Jana

Christy and Dustin said...

i personally like the first ones. It's a nice stash you got there though. How come you couldn't have had a selection like that when I loved with you?!
Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Nice haul! There is a wee bit o jealousy going on in my corner. I'm going through a period of ugly-shoe-syndrome in my life right now. It's (sniff sniff) just (sniff) so (sniiiiff) difficult (sniff) to talk about. I can't....
-Danica

m+K said...

I love the slippers too, I am assuming they are from Hong Kong or Signapore? Miss you. Glad you're joining my band! Kylie

Kayler said...

I am envious of your shoe haul. Although, Har and I suffer from the other problem. I need heels CONSTANTLY! I love the top, black pair!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, thanks for the generous offer. But I have skiis attached to the lower portion of my legs. Size 10.
Boooo.
I'm glad you like that my blog isn't always 'sunny'. Sometimes I worry that it's not chipper enough.
Glad to see you blogging again. I was getting worried you'd never be back!

Gillian said...

drool... i miss pretty shoes. I've been living in the same black flip flops for the past 7 months... i'm almost looking forward to having to wear my hikers when it gets cooler...